Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2019, 12:08 PM   #1

Considering selling my 2013 E350, what's it worth?

At the end of last year I bought a 2013 Ford E350 Hi-top Extended van; below is a link to my first post on this site describing the van & my plans:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ida-23087.html

As I wrote in my initial post, I don't have the interest or ability to convert the van myself, and so far I haven't had any luck in finding an experienced van-conversion hobbyist to pay to do the work for me. I checked out a couple of legit van conversion companies, but can afford / justify what they charge. As such, I'm probably going to end up selling this van, would appreciate what the experienced experts here think it's realistically worth.

2013 Ford E350 Extended Hi-top
5.4L
92,000 miles
Clean carfax, zero rust.
I am second owner, previously corporate owner was based in FL.
I have a list of service records, tires & brakes are 90%.
Before I bought the van I had it thoroughly checked out by two different mechanics, both said it was in excellent condition.

The van below is NOT my van, but this seller has many pictures and my van looks EXACTLY like this van:

https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/ctd...847197398.html

The dealer in the above link is asking $18,500, but I think he's been trying to sell it for a while now, so presumably overpriced?

Realistically what do you think I can expect to get as a private seller?

Doug-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 01:07 PM   #2

Have you been to Mango Vans? I think at one point they were in RI, but sometime within the past couple of years moved down to Miami and are doing van conversions there. My impression from the pics is that they do simple builds so maybe a good fit for your budget. I can't vouch for their work, but maybe worth checking out before you sell your van, which by the way is really nice.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:08 PM   #3

Seems pretty straightforward: Take blue book price for your van platform and add what a high roof would cost to install. Maybe depreciate the high top install price somewhat. Doesn’t sound like there are any other upgrades?
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 03:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
Seems pretty straightforward: Take blue book price for your van platform and add what a high roof would cost to install. Maybe depreciate the high top install price somewhat. Doesn’t sound like there are any other upgrades?
Thx Brian, your answer seems correct (and obvious!) after reading it, it just didn't occur to me. Duh! I don't think there's an option for "High top" when searching blue book price, but your suggestions to just add cost of high top works.

No, no other upgrades.
Doug-D is offline   Reply With Quote