Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2016, 02:05 PM   #1

Diesel Fire Truck Mercedes Van - $18,500

Not mine. No Affiliation. Just looks like a cool project. --Joe

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5863141076.html

"This is for those that dare to be a little different. Been the best running vehicle I've ever had. She has some fixing needed like most older vehicles but she's strong on the road. Only has 60k miles on a 5-600k running life expectancy motor. She's a strong girl who gets fair mpg for her size, 16-18 freeway and I beleive 14-16 town. I've had her 10 years and I am thing out my collection of odd vehicles. She has been a wonderful work truck and a lot of fun. I got her to use for work and advertising. Shipped her here from Germany myself. I drive her daily, she has driven solid and barely every given me a problem. Surprising I have been able to get everything fixed locally quit easily. She has very few moving parts. Sits 9 and roll up doors provide a great built in tool storage unit. She has a couple little knobs and things missing and is starting to not get as much attention as the other cars cause I have had her so long and time is limited these days. Love to find someone who will enjoy her as much as I have the last 10 years. Taken her on quite a few trips up to Oregon and back. She has roughly 58,000 miles on her. Wasn't used a lot cause she was a fire rescue vehicle for around town. She's a dually and has new tires in back and front are a very good as well. Brakes and front wheel cylinders done recently, as well as the master cylinder. She's never had any issues mechanically. Belts and hoses changed a few years ago just for the hell of it. Have a few spare parts I bought when I got her a long time ago that someone can buy separately for a good deal if wanted as well. Registered as a passenger van with some inside help so no need for commercial reg fees. She's basically an old school Sprinter. She is the newest Model diesel you can bring in to the US without dealing with diesel restrictions, smog free for life. I just can't have 7 cars anymore cause I don't need one for every day of the week ;]. She's got some rusty spots here and there due to being in Germany for a good part of her life but is a solid tank. She does have a PTO in front and a drafting pump, truth is I've never messed with it cause I'm not in the business of putting out fires. If you are looking for something different this may be your thing, I've had a lot of fun with her."

Old 11-23-2016, 02:43 PM   #2

Awesome. If only I could have 7 cars.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:42 PM   #3
Site Team

Has low miles probably due to an embarrassingly low top speed.
Takes too long to get anywhere.

Certainly has a major cool factor to it though.

Herb
Old 11-25-2016, 05:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
Awesome. If only I could have 7 cars.

Come on, you can park it on the street. Who's gonna bother that? People will probably just take pictures by it.

I'm stable at 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote