Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2010, 11:46 AM   #1
JBH

EBay: 2006 SPORTSMOBILE FORD EB350 4X4 DIESEL NO RESERVE

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-SPO ... Q5fCampers

Looks like a very clean van.

JBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:18 PM   #2

Re: EBay: 2006 SPORTSMOBILE FORD EB350 4X4 DIESEL NO RESERVE

First post is to show us a sale. This van has been on ebay several times already. Last time it did not sell at 51,000 (did not meet reserve). Now at 50,000 with no reserve. They bid up the price, and if they are the highest bidder they just dont go through with the transaction. No reserve dont mean squat. Love salesman on the board!
Old 01-06-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
JBH

I'm not salesman just a new member who thought they saw an ad on ebay that wasn't on the forums. Thanks for the history on the van. I thought it was interesting that more people weren't looking at it.
JBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #4

That dealership seems to frequently have Sportsmobile. I called on one and the salesman didn't return my call as he promised he would. Sounds like their biggest struggle is financing. This surprised me, as even my little credit union will underwrite a Sportsmobile.

Anyway, I have also noticed that rig up on eBay a few times. They have had other rigs up that appear to have sold. They also have them listed on their website. You can just call them and get the list price if you wanna know what they're trying to get for them.
Zaskoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMBDAD
First post is to show us a sale. This van has been on ebay several times already. Last time it did not sell at 51,000 (did not meet reserve). Now at 50,000 with no reserve. They bid up the price, and if they are the highest bidder they just dont go through with the transaction. No reserve dont mean squat. Love salesman on the board!

I think you're referring to the white one here that sold (easily mistaken with the same gobs of armor all on the tires)

http://images4.ecarlist.com/cgi-bin/vie ... 302#01.jpg

The salesman on the board (or off?) goes by something like jdb imports...

Thanks for keeping all of our guards up...
webbmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:35 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInLA
I saw this SMB in Tempe on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I didn't pay too much attention to this one as they also had a Baja Tan EB50 that was more to my liking but both failed to meet my "no diesel" requirement. This one is an RB50 and not an EB50. It is pretty basic as you already know. In addition to the things it doesn't have, it does not have the side door cooking cabinet, it does not have an electric penthouse roof and I couldn't find any of the original SMB paperwork or manuals though I didn't look very hard. It did have an alarm system that the dealer couldn't quite figure out how to turn off, and neither of their SMBs had enough battery power to start the engine. If you are going to see it, don't go on a Saturday since their service guys are off on weekends. I wasn't impressed, but my standards are abnormally high.

Both of their SMBs are also listed here (not my post)
I know this was posted on another thread but I figured I'd move it here to help anyone that was interested in this van. Steve may be able to provide you with more info since he's seen it firsthand.
jason78westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:54 AM   #7

Garage

This is the Baja Tan one I mentioned in the last thread. The dealer is Green RV which seems to be a subsidiary of Desert Autoplex in Tempe/Scottsdale, AZ. My brother lives a few blocks from this dealership and may be available to get questions answered if someone is interested.

This one seemed pretty complete compared to the white one. It had a lot of the original Sportsmobile documentation and manuals in a drawer. The flatscreen tv in the side door is pretty cool. One thing I noticed was a scorch mark in the ultraleather on the seat of the sofa near the sink side about 1" x 2". Since the batteries had no power and no one was able to charge them on the day I was there, I can't comment on anything else about this vehicle.

Steve in L.A.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #8

Well it did not see that it sold. It was pulled before auction ended. INTERESTING!
Old 01-11-2010, 06:39 AM   #9

It's been on ebay at least three times now, maybe more. I know two of the times it was listed with no reserve they yanked it off before the auction ended. I guess it's just free advertising.
jason78westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #10

So a 'no reserve' auction is not binding on the seller? So all it is really is a one-sided option for the owner to sell it, but they can enforce a winning bid as binding if they want? If that is true, I'm going to start selling things on eBay. You can't lose if I've got it right here.
webbmac is offline   Reply With Quote