Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2020, 01:28 PM   #1

FAN deals: rechargeable, inexpensive

Hi fellow hot & humid area campers,
I wanted to share a couple excellent deals going on right now for small USB rechargeable fans of a brand I've come to love, and first learned about on this forum.

OPOLAR (and also BIMONK, who sells both of the following, though only one is branded BIMONK) makes all kinds of small, large, and personal USB fans, many with rechargeable batteries. I've appreciated them for their responsive support by email (including replacement), strong and quiet breeze for their size, and long-lasting batteries. The latest models use standard micro-USB and even USB Type C (on a 20,000 mAh pricier model) cables with at least 5V/2A charging - a bonus for not carrying extra proprietary cables or needing endless time to charge..

I started with an older super slim and packable 5200 mAh battery model that I've used on hot FL nights, setting the fan 4-6 feet away from me. It lasted for hours on Low. They one I gave my mom was unused for months, and yet had retained a full charge (well, the three indicator lights were lit, so at least a more than 2/3s charge) when I finally turned it on.

I made a second purchase recently while camping with a friend, because with fans this small, you'd really each want one directed at oneself (and/or blowing covid aerosols away from each other - LOL). This latest model doubled the battery capacity to 10,000 mAh and lasted on low for at least two full days of constant use. Even my smaller one, oddly, seems to last longer on a full charge than it used to (I hadn't used it often until recently) giving me several hours of use two days in a row.

I shopped the various models extensively 2-3 weeks ago, and $20 for a 10k mAh version is by far the best price avail. $30 or more is routine. I recently wrote support@bimonk.com to see if they'd offer me a discount for a multiple purchase for gifts. They quickly responded to my 'suggestion' of a 25% discount (for 3-4 fans) with a code allowing me that discount on the $19.59 OPOLAR BEF67102 below. Your mileage may vary.

I also include a lower capacity battery 5200 mAh version below, due to its exceptional feature set, current promotion ($15.99, down from $20) and the fact that 5200 mAh had seemed pretty damn good before. From claims of 48 hour runtime (on setting: 5 seconds on - 5 seconds off), I wonder if this fan may run longer than my original 5200 mAh on Low, or whether the 10k mAh fan (40 hour runtime on Low) has a stronger breeze on low.

The extra features that warrant (at this price) sacrificing the doubled battery size include: oscillation at settable 30-150 degrees; packs slimmer and flat, LED light with 4 dim-to-bright settings, 1-2-4-6 hour timer, 3 additional speed variations including a "natural wind" that's apparently 5 seconds on and 5 seconds off, to save battery:

OPOLAR BEF67102 (10,000 mah, 11.5 - 40 hr working time): $19.59 an excellent price, even without discount code:
https://smile.amazon.com/10000mAh-Rechargeable-Operated-Circulating-Treadmill/dp/B0872WDSQD

BIMONK BF31 (5200 mAh, oscillating, 6-48 hr working time): $15.99 today on promotion available to all:
https://smile.amazon.com/BIMONK-Oscillating-Operated-Oscillation-Emergency/dp/B07YWLS4TH

NOTE: I'm assuming from user reviews that the BIMONK branded fan/battery is of equal quality (likely same manufacturer?) as the OPOLAR. And their support responsiveness and apparent willingness to handle any problem claims (with or without formal warranty procedure) suggests they're an equally fine chinese vendor to work with.

Hope my nerdy details and these promotions are helpful to someone. You can easily get lost in the variations on offer (clip-mount, around the neck and other personal fans, and various powering schemes). For most, the high star rating is self-explanatory, and if you take the time to email either of these two vendors, I'm sure you'll get satisfactory replacement if you have any kind of issue. Usually, your Amazon order # is all you need to provide for a claim with these vendors.

Happy hot & humid travels!
Anne

achop is offline   Reply With Quote