Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2020, 11:34 AM   #1

For sale, rebuilt D60 semi float

I'll be selling my D60 semi float rear axle as soon as I get the new full float axle installed, it's currently installed in a 2001 E250. It was completely rebuilt about 20K miles ago. At that time, I installed new Yukon 410 gears, a D60 master overhaul kit including all bearings and seals, a new clutch set in the Tracloc limited slip, a new pinion flange, and new parking brake shoes. It was then carefully broken in and has run Red line synthetic oil it's entire life. The shock mounts have been rotated upwards to allow the use of stock length shocks with a 4 inch lift. It's in perfect shape and runs silently. Total cost of this build was a tad over $2000.00 I have no idea what it's worth, but no reasonable offer will be refused, I'll need it gone as soon as I get the new axle in. Obviously, I don't want to ship this thing, but I can assist with loading on a commercial carrier of your choice. It's currently located in Northern Wa.

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 01:10 PM   #2

Is this wider than the stock axle to get rid of the narrow "tucked" track in the back? Can't buy, but curious.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 09:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampswrx View Post
Is this wider than the stock axle to get rid of the narrow "tucked" track in the back? Can't buy, but curious.
It's the stock axle that was used in 2001, its 67 3/8 wide flange to flange.
Advanced 4wd
Old 06-11-2020, 10:46 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampswrx View Post
If you want a wide-track rear axle in 8x6.5" bolt pattern, the SRW cutaway with rear fuel tank, is the ticket. These seem to run about $600-$700 but tend to be very well used by the time they hit the salvage yards.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:22 PM   #5

So, I thought this axle was sold, but after dealing with a guy for over 6 weeks, and hearing plenty of plans to pick it up, he finally bailed on me. That means it's still for sale and ready to go. Located in Northern Wa, and I'm open to offers, I need it out of my driveway....................
Advanced 4wd
Old 08-08-2020, 03:10 PM   #6

It took forever to sell my D60 SF after my axle swap. Not rebuilt but I thought with 80,000 miles and a limited slip diff it would sell. Somebody finally drove up from Phoenix and bought it for $100. I hope you have better luck.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 07:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
It took forever to sell my D60 SF after my axle swap. Not rebuilt but I thought with 80,000 miles and a limited slip diff it would sell. Somebody finally drove up from Phoenix and bought it for $100. I hope you have better luck.
I'm not in a big enough hurry to sell it for $100. Someone contemplating rebuilding or re-gearing their current axle can save time and money buying my already built, low mileage, well cared for axle. Funny enough, the new one I bought was off Craigslist, and I bought it the day after it was advertised, so you never know....................Standing by
Advanced 4wd