Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2023, 08:37 PM   #1
MSD

Garage
Ford E350 4x4 High top 4$ale

2004 Ford E350 4x4 EB
Price - $65k obo
Email - duff.ski67@gmail.com
Location - Loveland, CO

Apologies this is gonna be long but detailed… if you live in Cali please note this van has an EGR delete. So you’re gonna need to register via MT, SD or the likes… if that’s your jam.

The time has come to sell one of our vans, aka Sporty. Only selling because we have 3 vehicles for overlanding and you can only drive one… yes I have an addiction LOL. I’m thinking I may sell all 3 & build a new 2024 cutaway with all the bells & whistles. But for now I’ve got to start somewhere so Sporty is the first to go… you can contact me via DM or email. If you’re serious & out of state we can do a FaceTime walk through of the van to see if it’s a good fit.

Details
* 3rd owner. First two owners where family before I bought it, bought it from Performance Off Road in Virginia Beach, Va in 2015. It was a stock Quigley before being modified by me at Colorado Camper Van in Loveland CO. I used to be the sales/marketing guy, this was my sales rig/daily driver.
* Current mileage 164,500 miles
* 4x4 modifications true 6” lift & can run 37’s with ease, not the standard 4” Quigley any longer. Van is Currently running brand new Toyo R/T 35s.
* Camping conversion performed by me at CCV. It was their first Dine & Dash model & used to show customers. This set up with all the wood accents would run you $30k+ alone.
* Custom 5280 composites fixed high top, I used to own the molds & company that offer this high top as a DIY. 6’ of head room.
* Custom 5280 DIY kit rack with 4 - 7” LEDs, plus side 4” led cube lights & rear 20” LED light bar. If you get to your remote camp spot in the dark, you’ll have plenty of light to park safely.
* Seats 2, sleeps 2. This is a very comfortable set up for a couple with a dog or two…

Engine
* 6.0 PSD - 164,500 miles
* All new top end performed at Big Thompson Diesel @ 159,209 miles - which included 8 new injectors,stand pipe & rail plug kit, all new glow plugs, high pressure oil pump, oil cooler, turbo, high end billet water pump, among other gasket kits & filters needed like fuel, air, complete intake gaskets kit.
* Billet grill vs stock for more air flow
* Banks DynaFlow 4” exhaust with 5” tip
* Sinister Diesel EGR delete
* Bullet Proof Diesel FICM
* Bullet proof diesel billet water pump
* All new fuel injectors & glow plugs
* New turbo
* Mean Green180amp alternator
* Upgraded starter Mahle 6.0/6.4 HT
* Diesel site 203 thermostat
* High performance all aluminum radiator 20% larger than stock
* XDP weldless (billet) coolant Y pipe
* STC tuner
* Scan Gage II
* Side Vents to aid in heat dissipation - I was going to add fans but never did… I was also going to add hood vents to help heat escape engine bay when turning the vehicle off after drives. I would recommend doing this as it will help with the longevity of any thing in the engine bay.
* Runs super strong & performance wise is much stronger than my 7.3 psd.
* ArchOil Fuel Additive with every tank of fuel.
* ArchOil Friction modifier in every oil change.
* 24 gallon fuel tank never had the need to get a bigger tank. Get 400 to 440 miles per tank. Scan gauge helps me get good fuel economy.
* NV271 transfer case
* Dana 60 semi float rear axle with after market differential cover (8 on 6.5 not 170 lug spacing)
* Dana 60 front axle with warn locking hubs (8 on 6.5 not 170 lug spacing)
* Moog 808 front springs
* All new moog bushing for front sway bar, plus 2” drop bracket because of 6” lift.
* Agile Off Road RIP kit with fox 2.0 on all 4 corners
* Moog bump stops
* Fox 2.0 steering stabilizers
* Wheels 5 matching American Racing ATX 2s.
* Locking gas cap.
* Rear leaf springs are made by general spring 10 leaf pack with 5k lbs rating, plus 3” block.
* 4 New Toyo open country R/T’s 35x12.5x17 - less than 100 miles on tires.
* Matching used spare with about 40% tread, maybe less…
* Rockers & bushwacker fender flairs have been sprayed with bed liner. It’s pretty thick & has helped add strength to the flairs. At one point before I owned it the frame was sprayed with truck liner, most of it has come off & you can see the frame is in excellent shape. This van has a super clean under carriage.
* AVS window covers.
* Front Bumper - custom steel with cut out to help get air flow to the 6.0, lots of after market bumpers actually block the air flow which pushes engine temperatures up. I had this problem with my Aluminess & this was the best solution for this van.
* 13k lbs winch with synthetic line.
* LED lights in bumper
* Not part of bumper. BUT LED lights replaced the crummy ford oem head lights & smoke side markers with LEDs
* Rear Bumper - custom steel bumper with Led back up lights in bumper.
* Aluminess swing arm with tire carrier with 35” spare.
* Drivers side aluminum ladder to access rack. Ladder made by CCV.
* Tow hitch with brake controller
* Awning ARB 2500 with brackets from bling my ride aka 1der on SMB forum.
* House electrical:
* 2 New AGM SuperStart marine batteries mounted in seating area of dinette drivers side ( just replaced last week)
* WirthCo battery doctor 150 amp smart battery isolator.
* Inverter 1000/2000 watt not installed but comes with van. You can install if you like…
* New 12volt Refrigerator
* Water:
* Pressurized water fill on back of drivers side dinette seating to ~ 7 gallon tank under dinette couch.
* 12v Water pump in kitchenette
* Spare 7 gallon tank in same area for extra water if needed. Bringing it to 14 gallons.
* No gray water tank I just drain to the ground. I did do one camp spot that required a gray water catch & put a rubber made tub under the van to suffice.
* Heater:
* Chinese diesel heater (this was a budget heater that we offered at CCV) I had a 20yr background in manufacturing & design in Taiwan/China & sourced the for the company to supply these to clients.
* Insulation - R14 denim in all walls thermozite in high top & all doors. Plus interior of van floor and walls (18” up the side) sprayed with 3mm thick truck bed liner.
* Windows have insulated drop down black out covers plus, insulated insets in the windows for extra R value in the winter.
* Sound deadening - this van has had all walls, doors & floors Front to back completely covered in B-Quite sounded - 100% butyl rubber sound-deadening.
* Stereo:
* Pioneer head unit
* Speakers 6 total. 2 Kenwood in front doors, side barn doors have 2 pioneers & 2 more pioneers in the rear doors.
* Seats - Elite Series (super popular in SMB’s of the 2000-2010 when you ordered a seat upgrade) not Scheel-Mann but super close. I bought these new old stock right when I bought the van.
* Passenger seat has a swivel from bling my ride (aka 1der over on SMB forum)
* Custom cabinet on 40 barn door, perfect for making coffee in the morning under that ARB awning.
* Toilet - Theftford.
* Fridge - zokop 40 liter (Amazon) new never used…

Interior - As mentioned this interior was built to show clients. It was one of the first Dine & Dash set ups for the Ford E Series at CCV. This is an all wood, no MDF build.

Kitchenette is maple with 2” walnut counter & round sink. Faucet is a pump style that is now run off a 12v water pump. Kitchenette has slide for fridge & currently houses a new 40 liter 12v fridge. Has storage for stove (no stove included). I prefer to cook out side & not in the van, which is why no top burner in countertop. Keeps van smelling fresh & no food odors. Storage under sink & next to sink, which also houses diesel heater.

Porta pottie cabinet - made out of 11 ply maple. Has brand NEW Thetford Porta Potti

Seating Dinette area - boxes made from Baltic birch & left natural. All wood in van was sealed with boiled linseed oil & then maintained with Butcher block bees wax several times a year. Smells good & I tried to build where there weren’t products that off gas. Dinette converts to bed in 90 secs or less.

All walls are cedar & van has cedar accents throughout. Ample storage over front & rear of van high top. Plus storage under the rear dinette seating.

This van was built to take us climbing & mtn biking in the summer & it was our ski chalet in the winter. It was built as a 4 season van. It’s warm in the winter & cool in the summer.

* General condition on a scale of 1-10, 10 being best van is an 8.75/9. I would say this van is in very good to excellent shape for its age & use…
* Under carriage is clean no rust.
* Paint - 8.75 out of 10, it’s an off road rig but I’ve also taken care of it.
* Dents yes a few - 2 in the 40 barn door at edge of door. From wind in Wyoming grabbing the door & smacked the bush wicker fender flair. One small dent on drivers side rear upper quarter panel from SUP getting blow across the parking lot at a lake & the van ended up being its backstop. (Pictures are in the ad).
* No peeling paint any where on the van. Pinstriping yes it’s been used as intended, but they only show if you don’t keep the van clean, wax it at least once a year & it’ll help keep the paint luster. I averaged 2 good wax jobs a year since I’ve owned it.
* Mechanical condition- No major issues to address. Big Thompson Diesel did this a 159k, I put 5k on the van since the work & all is running as it should… It’s ready for a fly & drive if you’re out of state. This rig has taken us on 3 - 8000+ (3 to 4 month) road trips, not to mention the weekend warrior gig for 5 plus years. I’d drive it anywhere tomorrow except having 3 overland rigs is a bit much so it’s time for someone else to enjoy it. It does leak a little oil but most diesels do… reason for leak is corner of bed plate leaks slightly. But you need to pull the engine to reseal. Not pulling the engine to just reseal bed plate, bed plate leaked when I bought it & hasn’t effected the van in the least. If that’s something the new owner wants to do great.
* Last fall I had Justin at Ujoint Colorado go thru the whole van for a good bill of health on suspension & maintenance of axels, trans & transfer case. Engine was gone through by Big Thompson Diesel. Direct quote from Justin… “nicest modified quigley I’ve ever driven”
* Van hasn’t been on a trip since mid 2020. My other two vehicles started taking more priority… But I drive sporty once weekly up to a local lake to keep it moving as letting a diesel sit isn’t a good thing…
* It has to be said - Sold as is, where is, no warranties expressed or implied.

Thanks for looking - Mark.
Attached Thumbnails
E4F65286-69F7-4164-BAC0-07CB3555D3F0.jpg   EC1FC6D5-61F3-47D3-8FE0-35BCBCD37874.jpg   B411CEDD-5C89-44E4-A6EB-74E78D0F1DF4.jpg   F7BB7A13-6812-4246-A45F-BF60F9012717.jpg   1CF25319-D245-48FC-A0FC-A2F7CE34D87F.jpg  

0B97906C-F7FA-4F86-A2C6-AC60950EB4EA.jpg  

1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 08:41 PM   #2
MSD

Garage
More pictures…
Attached Thumbnails
D7E7949F-A60A-44D7-8806-F926F5CFB1DB.jpg   91B0D693-2DA9-4573-8449-5CA5CCBB7B6C.jpg   D55D14F1-2757-40BC-A504-16FCF6FDBD2E.jpg   395360CF-5A73-45D5-AC79-E1D4F1A512FB.jpg   7FBAE5BD-B8B4-4C18-A43E-076DE300C603.jpg  

592819B8-A30E-41C8-B99F-BBE3B9861886.jpg  
Old 06-01-2023, 08:41 PM   #3
MSD

Garage
Ok so I could get my files small enough, sorry for the sideways photos.
Old 06-12-2023, 09:57 AM   #4
MSD

Garage
Barn door cabinet, swivel seat & driver door pictures
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4570.jpg   IMG_4572.jpg   IMG_4571.jpg   IMG_4575.jpg   IMG_4577.jpg  

Old 06-14-2023, 02:07 PM   #5

Seems super well put together. I'm surprised it's still available at $65k but I guess times are changing.

'05 Pleasure Way Excel TS V10, still boring and 2wd
b. rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 04:39 PM   #6
MSD

Garage
Lots of people have been interested but don’t have enough spare change… a guy is flying out from VA, next week to look at it. So it maybe gone soon!

Back story on this van… I sold it for $75k 2 years ago during Covid. Guy gave me $5k to hold it. As he was going to be out of town for a month & his wife didn’t want to drive it with out him (to big for her).

Well they had a life changing turn of events while he was out of town & would never be able to use it. So I gave them their $5k back & just decided to sell it at the beginning of the month. It’ll sell just not as fast as they used to…
Old 06-17-2023, 02:59 PM   #7

very nice rig.
what is involved to make it CA DMV Smog legal?
blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 04:33 PM   #8
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blair View Post
very nice rig.
what is involved to make it CA DMV Smog legal?

Thanks. Pay a mechanic to re-install an EGR kit. Something like a bullet proof diesel undelete kit. You’d be looking at $2500.00 to have it done. Kit is $900 plus having a reputable shop order & install.
Old 06-19-2023, 04:50 PM   #9
MSD

Garage
Realized one other possible issue with CA. I have no idea if they would frown upon the Banks after market exhaust since it allows more flow & bigger than stock by an inch. This probably isn’t the rig if you’re not will to register it in South Dakota or MT & what to be in California.
Old 06-20-2023, 06:45 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post
Thanks. Pay a mechanic to re-install an EGR kit. Something like a bullet proof diesel undelete kit. You’d be looking at $2500.00 to have it done. Kit is $900 plus having a reputable shop order & install.
WOW! I had no idea what was involved.
GLWS
blair is offline   Reply With Quote