Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2020, 05:54 PM   #21

Ok millennial

(I've been waiting to use that for a while)

simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 06:56 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesez View Post
Ok millennial

(I've been waiting to use that for a while)
Pretty sure I fall in with all of the other "Gen Z" degenerates...
Old 01-26-2020, 07:10 PM   #23

Gen Z? Then you have only been driving for twenty dog years.
Elltom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 07:50 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elltom View Post
Gen Z? Then you have only been driving for twenty dog years.
Google says Z is '97-'10. I've been driving for ~40 dog years, got my licence at 15... Drove a '96 Avalon with 250K to high school until the head gasket went. Started driving the van to high school and had enough bad experiences (Insurance scams, while riding a motorcycle I got hit by a car that decided stop signs were optional, etc) between then and now to be disinterested in driving anything but a full size van/truck... Not that I fit well into almost any cars at 6'8. Even in the vans I can only sit in the front captains chairs, not sure what it is about the roof line.
Old 01-26-2020, 09:32 PM   #25

Millinneal, somehow you lost me in the three page essay! Are you saying Quigley is good enough for the amount of driving you do? If so why is your Forum name Offroading is fun? Riding off road on bump stops is not fun! Not trying to offend any Quigley owners but there is no comparison in ride or in resale value! Guys that know off road will hands down pick a conversion other than Quigley. Quigley is a good dependable company but for years got the big three business because they were really the only ones doing it and doing it fast, all bolt on! Pathfinder would not have kept up hell I thought they went out of business but I see they have a Facebook page. Their problem was choosing Dana 44's. I almost ordered a Quigley then I drove one. Back in 2002 a $9800.00 price tag was alot for what they gave you. When I drove it I realized I could do it myself alot better for 1/3rd to half the price, and I did.
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 09:59 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanimal View Post
Millinneal, somehow you lost me in the three page essay! Are you saying Quigley is good enough for the amount of driving you do? If so why is your Forum name Offroading is fun? Riding off road on bump stops is not fun! Not trying to offend any Quigley owners but there is no comparison in ride or in resale value! Guys that know off road will hands down pick a conversion other than Quigley. Quigley is a good dependable company but for years got the big three business because they were really the only ones doing it and doing it fast, all bolt on! Pathfinder would not have kept up hell I thought they went out of business but I see they have a Facebook page. Their problem was choosing Dana 44's. I almost ordered a Quigley then I drove one. Back in 2002 a $9800.00 price tag was alot for what they gave you. When I drove it I realized I could do it myself alot better for 1/3rd to half the price, and I did.
For the amount of driving I do (3K/yr), and what the van spends most of it's time doing (Cruise control @70-80 from Bz to bay area), the Quigley suspension is OK. Rough, I could agree with- but I never expected a '97 commercial van to ride like a Rolls Royce.

Offroading -is- fun. Family, friends & myself have other vehicles than just a Quigley.

People keep comping back to the bang for your buck/price... So what do they cost as a base benchmark? Is it just fox shocks all the way around, or do they do springs/leafs too?

"Bumpstop bumpstop bumpstop"- I'm probably not like any of you who have driven thousands of miles offroad or done any serious rock-crawling, but for several hundred miles offroad that I have driven, I've never noticeably bottomed out on the bump stop. The single time it did happen I was riding passenger through a construction zone, the entire street was covered in mud, and we hit a speed bump from hell at about 35 miles an hour. Hasn't happened before, hasn't happened since.

Essentially the van I have has remained as Quigley converted it simply because the van was never driven enough to warrant the cost of upgrades. We inherited it with 98K in '05, it sits outside now with 119K 15 yrs later.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:36 PM   #27

I give up you guys are never wrong. I have two millennials so I know 1st hand when to walk away and just shake my head. My point that you completely missed, was your name yet you do absolutely minimal if any off road driving, hence your utter satisfaction with the freeway Quigley ride!
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 10:53 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanimal View Post
My point that you completely missed, was your name yet you do absolutely minimal if any off road driving, hence your utter satisfaction with the freeway Quigley ride!

Forgive me for taking 18-20 credit semesters and not finding time to go to MOAB or other offroad excursions...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroading_is_Fun View Post
Family, friends & myself have other vehicles than just a Quigley.
... The implication being I have off-road adventures that I simply chose not to drive the Quigley on. It's the to-and-from vehicle.

Guess we can just call the conversation dead and leave it here.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:58 AM   #29

Garage
I bought the moog springs the agile rip comes with locally and ordered the custom valved fox shocks from agile then installed myself. Of all the money I’ve thrown at my quigley to make it a more well behaved 10,000lb camper, the shocks have made the most noticeable difference. It’s now a one hander at 80mph np. When I first drove it home 80 was a 2 handed, white knuckled grip experience that left my passengers looking for shit to hold onto.

Other items that made noticeable differences were all heavy duty new font end parts, a rear swaybar, dropping the mounts on the front swaybar 3” (as per agiles recommendation) and new bushings, and most recently a redhead steering gear. Still in the plans are new rear leaf springs, bushings, and shackles along with an adjustable panhard bar and I think I’ll be in pretty good shape.

Like mentioned earlier, you’ll be hard pressed to find negative feedback for agiles products or quality of work. other than being hard to reach, what they do is top notch.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:51 AM   #30
MSD

Garage
Here's there youtube page so maybe you can find a video or even email them asking to do a video on there RIP kit... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuO...UH9dD0A/videos
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote