Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-20-2020, 02:35 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Bozeman MT
Posts: 220
FS '02 7.3 Chateau Traveler pack

Looks like a traveler pack van...

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/ct...059446887.html

2wd, looks new, 120K mi... $16K.

No affiliation, just a random find. I remember in past threads others talking about how hard it was to find one of these that "ticked all the right boxes" and had the traveler pack.
__________________

__________________
1997 Quigley E-250 || 5.4 V8 || "Club Wagon"
Offroading_is_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:39 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
simplesez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 518
That will be sold in 5 minutes
__________________

simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:58 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Bozeman MT
Posts: 220
Well... For as interested as I am in it... Not the right time/place for me.

It was the same story with the 12,000 mile all options/7.3L E-350 ambulance (Basically sat idle at a nursing home for 20 yrs+) I found in the middle of nowhere, and the old guy who was selling it wanted all of $7500 for it. Think that one was gone same-day after posting it here, too.


I just wish I could find some of them power seats for sale without buying an entire van, but those are like trying to find unicorns.
__________________
1997 Quigley E-250 || 5.4 V8 || "Club Wagon"
Offroading_is_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 09:18 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 11
A chateau with a slider? Interesting.
rgaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 12:03 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: San Clemente, CA
Posts: 1,033
Diesel? Then this will be gone shortly...
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:13 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
mikracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Posts: 2,256
That's a rare van. Traveler package with a diesel? Never seen one before. Low miles, best color (I may be biased), and it's very clean.
__________________
2005 E350 Chateau - V10 - Agile Offroad 4x4
2012 CTS-V Wagon - For the baby...
mikracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 08:30 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Bozeman MT
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
That's a rare van. Traveler package with a diesel? N÷very seen one before. Low miles, best color (I may be biased), and it's very clean.
When it comes to these vans I can appreciate just about any color that isn't white... Shame that that's the nature of the "commercial" industry... Nobody wants to pay an extra $100-500 for a paint change.

Deal breaker for me was that it wasn't 4wd... And that sliding door....
I could probably make due with it not being 4wd... but the sliding doooorrrr....


I was just so shocked that it was traveler pack w/ diesel, low miles, somewhere that was "local" (Not mid/East-US), and the owner wasn't asking $40K... Feel like I've seen people ask $12K for a clapped out 6.0 cargo van with 250K mi... Never mind something as mint as this. About the only thing nuttier than the V10/diesel van market is the pre-emissions pickup market.
__________________
1997 Quigley E-250 || 5.4 V8 || "Club Wagon"
Offroading_is_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 10:59 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
mikracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Posts: 2,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroading_is_Fun View Post
When it comes to these vans I can appreciate just about any color that isn't white... Shame that that's the nature of the "commercial" industry... Nobody wants to pay an extra $100-500 for a paint change.

Deal breaker for me was that it wasn't 4wd... And that sliding door....
I could probably make due with it not being 4wd... but the sliding doooorrrr....


I was just so shocked that it was traveler pack w/ diesel, low miles, somewhere that was "local" (Not mid/East-US), and the owner wasn't asking $40K... Feel like I've seen people ask $12K for a clapped out 6.0 cargo van with 250K mi... Never mind something as mint as this. About the only thing nuttier than the V10/diesel van market is the pre-emissions pickup market.
I prefer the barn doors over a slider too, but if I were looking to buy a van and it checked every other box, I'd probably buy it. Seemed like the biggest issue was not being able to fit big tires when converted to 4x4 but everyone makes the extenders now so it's not an issue.

When I bought my van, I really wanted the chateau for its 4 captains chairs. I found my van at a ford dealer in Fresno and actually used the V10 as a negotiating tool since gas was almost $5 a gallon at the time. I wanted a V8 but boy am I glad I got the V10 now.
__________________
2005 E350 Chateau - V10 - Agile Offroad 4x4
2012 CTS-V Wagon - For the baby...
mikracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:18 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Bozeman MT
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
When I bought my van, I really wanted the chateau for its 4 captains chairs. I found my van at a ford dealer in Fresno and actually used the V10 as a negotiating tool since gas was almost $5 a gallon at the time. I wanted a V8 but boy am I glad I got the V10 now.
Suppose that is the "nice" thing about CA gas prices... Here in MT we pay like... $2.30-$2.50/gal.. When I was home for xmas gas was like $4+...

FWIW I'm under the impression the gas mileage difference between the V8 and V10 is negligible, at least with the V10 you get more HP and a nicer transmission... I was talking to some of the contractors building new dorms here on campus in Bozeman, they had nothing but praise for the ~2006-7 V10 EB Quigley they had bought. Said they ran the hell out of it and still got 8-9 mpg. I get 11 on the freeway @75.



I'll bet that if there's a 350 Diesel Chateau w/ traveler pack, there's probably a few more out there too, even w/ barn doors. course then comes the question of condition/mileage, and how many lifetimes one must wait for someone to be willing to sell them at a fair price.
__________________
1997 Quigley E-250 || 5.4 V8 || "Club Wagon"
Offroading_is_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:56 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
That's a rare van. Traveler package with a diesel? Never seen one before. Low miles, best color (I may be biased), and it's very clean.
I doubt anyone really cares about the Traveler package nowadays unless VCR's are your thing
__________________

rgaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sportsmobile SIP or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×