Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2017, 07:17 AM   #1

Garage
FS: A Hip little Dodge RB PH

Hey, this seems like potentially a decent little van for the cash.

There aren't many at this price point that can be vouched for with decent maintenance and largely rust-free status. True, the exterior stripes are a bit worn, and there's a ding in the rear quarter.....but the written description is lengthy and it appears to reflect upkeep-conscious owners.

(Yes, the overall "#vanlife instagram celebrity" feel of the photos in this listing is a little bit much IMHO....wish there were just a few more pics of the actual interior/exterior details of the van, vs. the extensive portfolio of thoughtfully-posed portraits of the owners we are given....)

The listing is worth a look though.

No affiliation.

-------------------------------------------------

For Sale: '96 Dodge Ram B3500 Sportsmobile Camper Van - $6400 (Boulder)

https://boulder.craigslist.org/rvs/d...373950522.html

This van and I have seen some of the best times of our lives around the country sInce I freed her from her beach life in San Diego a few years ago. We've been all around North America from the western coasts to the eastern seaboard, even spending a summer in Canada. She loved our most recent trips to Utah and just yearns to be on the road. Unfortunately, I've settled into a full time job and have a hard time giving her the freedom she deserves. It's time to pass her off to someone who can give her a more exciting life than I. The first thing you'll notice about her is her blue stripes, which is what yielded the nickname "Vacation Van." Here are a few details about her:
Engine: 5.2L, V8 Hemi is a powerhouse that can pull you up those steep mountain hills that she loves so much.
143K Mileage
Hot? Fully functional AC will cool you down.
Cold? You guessed it, she can put off plenty of heat during those cold winter drives.
Cruise control for those unfortunately long drives across Kansas and the like.
Two brand new batteries - one for the vehicle and one for the cabin.
Has new: fuel pump, transmission oil cooler line, differential cover, rear pinion shaft seal, rear tires.
Radio works and you can plug in your phone/digital media, who can drive long distances without tunes?
Camping conversion means a pop top so you can stand up/walk around
All canvas is in good shape, no holes or tears
Sleeps 3 comfortably, can squeeze 4 if you need
Couch that folds out into a bed
Pop up table when you need it, stores away when you don't
Plenty of storage - under the couch, in the closet, in the doors.
Myself and the previous owners have taken great care of it, and performed all maintenance on/ahead of schedule. I think we all realize the importance of maintenance on a vehicle that takes you far from civilization.
She's 21 years old and still holds the original upholstery on the couch and curtains. Since everything was functional I chose not to update. Still works great but shows signs of age.
Comes with original owner's manual
Clean title, registration
I hate to see her go but really can't give her the love that she deserves. VIN available upon request. I'm happy to show her to you if you're not going to waste my time - only serious inquiries please! Thanks for looking.

-------------------------------------------------

MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:25 AM   #2

I think this is very good deal!!!!!
polishadam82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 05:17 AM   #3

Talking

The hipster is strong in this one...then again consider its location. Pretty basic SMB content...looks like just cabinets and beds. But what a great starter SMB for those on a budget!
Poptopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 06:14 AM   #4

Low-hanging fruit!
SMB OCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:18 AM   #5

No such thing as a Dodge 5.2 Hemi.

"Talk is cheap. Whiskey costs money."
Old 11-13-2017, 11:06 AM   #6

Craigslist posting has been deleted.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote