Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2019, 05:42 PM   #1

Garage
FS: California Dreamin'......

.....well at least they're dreamin' about their asking price.....

No affiliation.

PS: In all sincerity I hope they get what they are asking....it only means my old van must be worth $100,000!

------------------------------------------------------------------

2006 Ford Camper Van( must see to appreciate ) - $39000 (Lake Forest)

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...920421441.html

The Van : 2006 Ford XLT Econoline E350 Super Duty, 63000 miles.
5.4L V8 with 4 speed automatic w/overdrive. AC/Heat, power mirrors, power windows, power door locks, cruise control, Kenwood stereo with bluetooth ( works with all the music apps) and USB port for your phone, also has CD player, I left all 6 speakers functional in the van as well. Tinted windows all around for the rear cabin. 2 of the side windows pop open for extra ventilation. All the rear windows have blackout insulation panels that can be taken off. It is a Californian Vehicle that hasn’t been used too much which means no rust and highway miles.

The Camper Conversion: Short queen 6 inch memory foam mattress 60” X 75”. The bed frame underneath has holes for air circulation.
The walls doors and ceiling have sound deadening material and insulated with 4 types of insulation ( denim, spray foam, polystyrene and last reflectix ) walls are made from tongue and grove pine. Water resistant wood laminate flooring ( tongue and groove )
7 wooded crates 18x12x9, 2 small wood crates 9x12x6, 1 metal and material crate 14X12, small hanger closet ( fits 7 shirts ), Bucket toilet, galvanized bucket for sink with kitchen drain and s-trap. Kitchen galley is on the barn door which allows cooking inside and outside, the other door has a drop leaf foldable table ( see Pics ). Gas One Propane or Butane single stove top. 8 glass jars for spices mounted on the ceiling. Electric: 2-100 watt Monocrystalline solar panels by HQST, Goal Zero Yeti 1400 lithium battery power station ( it can be charged by the solar panels, shore power, by alternator while driving) all options are ready to use. Maxx Air fan on the roof that can be used in the rain and also acts like a sky light. Carbon monoxide Alarm, and 36 liter cooler with handle and wheels. The electric system can easily run an rv fridge and all the other accessories. Black out and insulation curtain between the cabin and the rear. I’m sure I missed some things so if you have any questions feel free to contact me. I’m also on the fence about selling my van so please no low ballers. Thank you!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Attached Thumbnails
00B0B_82EYeOeHxl5_600x450.jpg   00e0e_vVhsKR4i7t_600x450.jpg   00k0k_6Ik8PwPUQZh_600x450.jpg   00k0k_51puuydRuwl_600x450.jpg   00k0k_3UOXuFNJhL_600x450.jpg  

00L0L_6W9myTRT2W5_600x450.jpg  

MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 05:55 PM   #2

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

They must value their time at $400/hr on that build out unless they were hand forging the nails. Some of the prices here in SoCal are insane, but that one takes the cake.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 05:57 PM   #3

from the ad "I’m also on the fence about selling my van so please no low ballers..."

The same fence from which the interior materials were harvested?

Burlap curtains?
Old 07-02-2019, 06:16 PM   #4

That's high thread count Egyption burlap and it's also load bearing. They spared no expense.

Some good concepts in the build such as solar. Some nicer drawers would make a big diff in appearance but it's still a hobby build at a pro build price.

I don't claim to have ESP but I'm sensing a rather strong scent of patchouli in that van.
SMB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:17 PM   #5

Garage
Curious if the duck tape over the solar panel roof mount brackets means they are leaking?
Could have included in the description "Water available when weather permits"
Old 07-02-2019, 09:26 PM   #6

The tape looks like it might be Eternabond (or its recent clones) which is a relatively tried and true method of sealing RVs. If the work under is clean and has a good silicone seal - should be quite waterproof. But yes could have been a cleaner install.
SMB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 05:13 AM   #7

And just to add to the pile..."Instagram ready" should be in the description.
VanDickin is offline   Reply With Quote