Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2017, 06:41 PM   #1

Garage
FS: Screamin' Quigley Deal du Jour

Man.....this needs an engine (as per the seller), but still.....a V10 Quigley High-top EB for $5k?

How much does a fresh reman V10 short-block run? Seems this could be a great deal, even factoring in the cost to R&R the engine.

Again, no affiliation.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Perfect Project Quigley 4x4 Sportsmobile Camper Van - $5000 (Waterford MI)

https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/r...235855207.html

$5000 Perfect Project Van- In Generally good shape sold as is- DOES NOT CURRENTLY RUN. 1997 Sportsmobile Campervan with Quigley 4x4 lifted suspension. 237,213 miles on original engine. Needs an engine rebuild or replacement. Most RV systems function. Propane Furnace, Propane Water Heater, Water pump, sink, shower, 3 burner propane stove with OVEN! lots of storage: pantry, closet, etc. Full bed in back folds to up to bench with seatbelts. Seats 5, sleeps 2 comfortably. 6' 4" interior head room. Included Onan Generator turns but does not start. Hook up to city water functions, hook up to external electric source functions. Rear bumper not currently attached.
Van spent the first 13 years of its life in Texas, but the last 7 here-some rust. This Van has been parked for the last 2.5 years. Hurry before my husband changes his mind, he loves this RV but we do not have the money for a new engine.

-------------------------------------------------------------

MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:38 PM   #2

this is a smoking deal you can pick up low miles v10 for about 1500$
polishadam82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:07 AM   #3

Oh man if this were closer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:09 AM   #4

Look closely at the pics. You don't want this thing! It's probably rusting to pieces underneath and it's been trashed.

I saw it a week ago and decided not to post since it's in such bad shape.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:32 AM   #5

Haha 86Scotty is talking smack about it so nobody buys it while he is working on how to get it to TN😀 This is a good deal for anyone who doesn't mind putting little bit of elbow grease into it. I'm sure somebody will buy it fix it and sell it for 15k😉
polishadam82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:01 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishadam82 View Post
Haha 86Scotty is talking smack about it so nobody buys it while he is working on how to get it to TN�� This is a good deal for anyone who doesn't mind putting little bit of elbow grease into it. I'm sure somebody will buy it fix it and sell it for 15k��
Lol, but no, I'm really not. Too many vans in my driveway right now anyway. I just see what there is to be done here because I've done it a few times. I agree that someone who wants to put a LOT of work into it might get a decent van in the end but rust is the enemy and Michigan means rust, not to mention it just looks like no one has cared for it at all. It's sat for a couple years untouched! "Rear bumper not currently attached." Stuff like that takes 5 minutes to fix and then you can sell for more. I'm just over dealing with that kind of seller. I bet that thing smells like a mixture of ass and ashtray. I would love for someone to prove me wrong!

Old 08-01-2017, 08:52 AM   #7

Doesn't even look like the top is lining up correctly in the gutters
bemerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:02 AM   #8

Garage
Does anyone know the layout? It looks like a RB10 without the rear dinette. This is a set up I want!
Old 08-01-2017, 09:10 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugee View Post
Does anyone know the layout? It looks like a RB10 without the rear dinette. This is a set up I want!
It looks similar to an EB81 but a bit custom for sure. Rear looks like a couch across, not a side/side dinette. Get the VIN from the seller and SMB can tell you.

Sportsmobile Custom Camper Vans - Extended Body Standard Plans

Old 08-01-2017, 09:18 AM   #10

I generally recommend buying sight unseen for the deals.. but not this one.

I would recommend seeing this in person, and potentially more importantly, smelling this, before buying.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote