Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2017, 11:08 AM   #1

Garage
FS: something completely different...

I would love to see a build thread for this thing.

No affiliation.

-----------------------------------------------------

TRUCK/CAMPER/CAR-CARRIER - $30000 (LOS OSOS)

https://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/d...297968359.html

This low mileage (under 21,000 miles), one-of-a-kind truck/camper/car carrier is named Bulla Matari meaning "breaker of rocks" from the explorer, Henry Morgan Stanley. Bulla was built to carry a Porsche Spyder, pull a 30 foot sailboat, carry a motorcycle in front, 18 ft kayak with mast and sail on top, bicycles on the rear while functioning as a camper with propane stove, refrigerator, microwave, hot water tank, air conditioning unit, wood fireplace, safe, awning and sleeps 4 adults.
This Ford 350 6L diesel, dual wheels, Lariat Pkg = leather seats and trim, 5-speed transmission, 4WD, and ABS brakes, 17" forged polished aluminum wheels, AM/FM/CD, air conditioning, automatic temperature control. Additional instruments: Temperature, Pyrometer, Volts, and "Panic Button" (Train whistle). Power: brakes, steering, windows, mirrors. Has passenger airbag, front fog lights, front ready lights, fully automated headlights, front-center armrest w/storage, back folding seats. Load Lifter 5000 air springs by Airlift; 3 winches: front one is Warn Dual Force HD 12,000 electric "PowerPlant" hoist; second electric hoist is 1300 lbs by Central Machinery; third is on top of the truck.
The camper has settees that make into a double bed (pictured); a singled bed over the cab and back seats are fold back with a take in or out bed. Ramps for loading car are mounted on sides of truck. To change camper into car-carrier, the stove and sink rise to the ceiling and the double bed is raised over the car. You can see the bar across the windows where the bed fits.
One owner, clean title, well-maintained, current registration and smog certificate, low-low mileage, non-smoker. Have Vin Check Report.

-----------------------------------------------------

MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:21 AM   #2
Site Team

I think this is a strong challenger to DaveB for the most things attached to the outside of a vehicle.

If this thing is half as functional as it states, $30K sounds like a bargain, but damn, that thing is something only a mother could love from the outside.

Herb
Old 09-11-2017, 11:49 AM   #3

That's been for sale off and on for years. Although his original price was north of $50k.

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ari-18550.html
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:39 PM   #4

I swear that Los Osos is trying to play catch-up with Santa Cruz in the weird department. I've seen more than a few "mechanical masterpieces" come out of that sleepy little town in the last few years.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:02 PM   #5

Somebody had a lot of free time (and money) on their hands. Does it come with the Spyder, I wonder? And it has a cast-iron woodburning stove from the looks of it. Wow.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:01 PM   #6

I remember marveling at the ugliness of that thing years ago. I don't remember the price but it was a lot higher tan that. He might do better driving under a low bridge and knocking all that crap off the back, then selling the dually as it came.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:20 PM   #7
tlg

Garage
How on earth is that thing street legal? Just can't believe it received what looks like official California plates.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:43 PM   #8

Garage
Yeah, it sure does have an overall look to it that only a mother could love...but still! Gotta admire (or fear, lol) its bizarro-world engineering/packaging cleverness.

I've been struggling to find room in my rig for a second house battery....and this guy figured out how to stuff in an entire Porsche Spyder.

MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:31 AM   #9

I would love to see this thing sitting on some scales with a picture of it's actual weight when the car and everything else has been loaded on it.

Looks like a great vehicle for a lonely, single traveler....you'd have curious company wanting to look at it every place you stopped!
gbail is offline   Reply With Quote