Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2016, 06:52 PM   #11

@easywind, if you want to get a feel for that Dodge layout, our Ford EB has a very similar layout and you are welcome to come down and check it out. I'm just north of Philadelphia.

BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:06 PM   #12

Brian,

Thanks, I've already owned a 85 Dodge Sportsmobile and I just want the pop top and the 2 separate beds in the rear. I will most probably change everything else and make it mine. I do appreciate the offer though.
easywind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 06:20 AM   #13

If those beds are like mine (looks the same), they aren't really two separate beds. They fold down to one bed with no aisle in the middle, and you sleep across the van. They are likely too short to allow sleeping lengthwise (parallel to the van wall), and not wide enough without folding them down.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:33 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
If those beds are like mine (looks the same), they aren't really two separate beds. They fold down to one bed with no aisle in the middle, and you sleep across the van. They are likely too short to allow sleeping lengthwise (parallel to the van wall), and not wide enough without folding them down.
Those are most definitely the 48" benches like my last van had. Not nearly long enough for two separate beds except for kids. For us, they didn't work as a sideways bed either, but I'm 6'2".

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 06:04 PM   #15

We can sleep across our van width-wise, mainly because it has the inset walls (love them!) and I am 5'8" and my wife 5'2". Any taller for me and it would be tight.
Old 09-18-2016, 06:19 PM   #16

Crazy, I wrote the people with the Sportsmobile and they wrote back they have a person interested in it in Colorado and would prefer to sell it locally.
easywind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 07:27 AM   #17

Garage
I am the proud new owner of the 7.3l high top, lots of miles but runs great and it's a really cool setup inside. Wasnt sure about a hightop but now im sold on them. Now I need to get my 2wd sportsmobile posted and sold.
nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 08:16 AM   #18
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
^^^wouldn't it have been cheaper to convert your old one to 4X4.....by the way, what is the old van?
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:13 AM   #19

Garage
Yes and no, I actually had a deposit down with Agile Off road and planned on bringing mine in this Jan (defiantly would have veen a superior 4x4 vs quigley) but mine is a RB and gas while this is 7.3l and EB plus it has a lot of little extras like an auxillary tank, propane run generator, Starcool, etc that mine doesn't have and it needs a little fixing up (and some updated paint) but in the long run will still be cheaper or about the same price and have more things I wanted and I'm really liking the fixed high top and how much extra storage it has.
nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 11:02 AM   #20

Good choice!
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote