Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2022, 06:07 PM   #51

Matt, I think you need to do a national tour with that van so we can witness the holy grail.

Conversion in process. Lol
Denver, CO
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 07:28 PM   #52
KDB

Hey allright, Im down to meet with the rigs anytime. Would love to see that in person. If you see me around make sure to say hello! I'll do the same.
KDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 11:24 AM   #53

That is so sad to hear about Chad, the owner of Alpha Van passing away. They mention Colorado so I am going to assume he is Chad Ch..... (don't want to post last name) from Breckenridge? Does anyone know Chad or what happened? I am the owner of a previous van of his. 2002 7.3 SMB EB50. It still only has 70K miles on it. He used my van to go kite surfing in Baja when he owned it. He is a great guy and kept his van in perfect condition. I'm from So Cal and flew in to Colorado to pick up the van. He and his girlfriend (wife?) had sellers remorse and I had to sell them on selling me the van again. It was pretty funny. They were both awesome. Would love to hear about Chad if anyone knows him.
ClarkMagruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 12:25 PM   #54

Sad story about Chad. https://www.summitdaily.com/news/bre...onate-athlete/

Also...$99k for that van is a great deal. Congrats.
clicker44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 01:17 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicker44 View Post
Damn... sounds like a great guy. And only a couple of years older than me.

Coincidentally, I was on a mtn bike ride a couple of years ago when one of the guys I was with had a cardiac event. Fortunately, a couple of the guys had recent CPR training, and we were lucky enough to be on an accessible dirt road. It wasn't until I was talking about it later to some others that I found out incredibly rare it is for CPR to work successfully.
IanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 02:24 PM   #56

Sad about Chad. Coincidentally I also had a successful CPR result a few years ago of a bike rider on the side of the road. Guy had a heart monitor on and his wrist alert started chirping several minutes in to the CPR. Kept it going for a while until the Paramedics finally got there. It seems so random.
ClarkMagruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 12:54 PM   #57

Finally got to pickup the van at my Dad's this week. It's everything I thought and a whole lot more. Anybody know how to get ahold of UJOR? I've sent multiple emails to get some more details, specifically on engine and have gotten nothing.
destructomatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 01:30 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by destructomatt View Post
Finally got to pickup the van at my Dad's this week. It's everything I thought and a whole lot more. Anybody know how to get ahold of UJOR? I've sent multiple emails to get some more details, specifically on engine and have gotten nothing.
Maybe try DM'ing him over on his ExPo thread? Or call him. I've been able to reach him on the phone before, though that was a couple years ago when he was less busy.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 02:22 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelheadJones View Post
Maybe try DM'ing him over on his ExPo thread? Or call him. I've been able to reach him on the phone before, though that was a couple years ago when he was less busy.

Thanks all. Chris actually just replied to my email. Not sure if he saw the post here or just a coincidence, but he's going to help me fill in the blanks on some of the details I have questions on.
destructomatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 03:27 PM   #60

Truely sad that a 54 year old man seemingly in tip top physical condition would die from a heart attack. The article says he rode bicycles his entire life and even went pro BMX bicycles at one point. Bicycle riding is great cardio, im confused, this goes against everything we are taught about cardio fitness. Does anyone know if he was vaccinated recently?
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote