Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2022, 06:00 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIron View Post
Truely sad that a 54 year old man seemingly in tip top physical condition would die from a heart attack. The article says he rode bicycles his entire life and even went pro BMX bicycles at one point. Bicycle riding is great cardio, im confused, this goes against everything we are taught about cardio fitness. Does anyone know if he was vaccinated recently?
Hard to say sometimes... I ride bikes a lot, but my heart runs fast. Like me resting HR is typically in the 80's or more. In an all-out sprint, I can see mid to upper 190's. I'm 52 and my "max" is in the 170's. I can be on a climb and as long as my HR is under 180, I can have conversations.

Some folks just run fast.

Anyway... great to hear the van is what Matt what hoping for.

IanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 06:25 PM   #62

Sadly, an aging heart can poop out on the healthiest of us without warning or zero previous history of issues.
Conversion in process. Lol
Denver, CO
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 07:54 PM   #63
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
CONGRATS MATT!! Life is sweet and when it rewards you with opportunities like this, seems validation that maybe you are doing something right in the world!!! Can't wait to see the best part of your deal...the PICTURES of where you will take this thing! Idaho and Montana have so many great mountain/logging roads...a great test of your first trips! good luck Matt and we all know your going to enjoy the crajp out of that RIG!!!!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 08:11 PM   #64
KDB

Email works well with him in my experience. Ive ordered a couple of his bumpers. Can sometimes take a bit for him to get back.

_looks like you reached him. Bet your looking forward to some great summer adventures!
KDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 01:44 PM   #65
Site Team

Alpha is back on the market, and even though it's more than the final auction price (I'm sure there were added fees, and I think there were a few mods since the auction), this is still a great price for what you are getting.

If I hadn't already picked my new direction on a rig, this would be a strong contender.

https://forum.expeditionportal.com/t...s-125k.243346/

Herb