Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2014, 12:14 PM   #1

Opinions on this 2010 Ford EB E350

Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this but I am looking for your opinions on this SMB from SMB's classified. Considering this one or having one built with a similar design. I really like the removable seats. I can utilize them for travel with grand kids etc and take them out for more room when needed for dog crates, gear. I think it has everything else on my wish list except a shower. I am starting to think with all my other wants I might have to forgo that one~~ it does have a porta potty. No stove, perfect, don't want one. Fridge, MW, AC all good. Says it has a sink but I cannot tell in the photos where its located. Its too far away from me to just stop by unfortunately.

Since I have never bought one before I am interested in your expertise on the layout, price, etc. SMB was kind enough to email me a bunch more photos if needed.The price seems slightly high to me compared to some that have been posted but again I am too new to know how that is decided. Thanks.

http://www.sportsmobile.com/inventory-d ... ory_id=301

Cat

Bestcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 12:44 PM   #2

Re: Opinions on this 2010 Ford EB E350

Thats a nice rig! Its different in the fact that its a passenger model van with all the windows all around. Some people like the windows while others want more privacy the cargo van model offers. I would check to see what type of window coverings it comes with, if any. Having to put up reflectix every night would be annoying to me.

The ad doesnt mention having propane or a heater. Not sure if thats something you are interested in, but I know having a heater was nice for chilly nights.

Also, since there aren't any built in cabinets, there isn't much storage. That means toting crates of gear.

Having the extra seating is definitely nice. Not sure if the floor is flush when the seats are removed, but it would be really easy to build a sub floor out of 2x2's and some plywood. That way you can fit your dog crate on a flat surface.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:55 PM   #3

Reverse engineering I come out with an interior build price (not including the top) of roughly $40,000. I don't think it costs $40,000 to staple lonplate to the cabinets and bumpers.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:57 PM   #4

... Gah... Good lord, "redesigned" their website to 2001. FML.

My bitching aside, per your question on this van, definitely get more photos. Price seems close to what I'd expect. Maybe $10k high given the season? ... But it is smd direct, so their pruxea tend to be The Word.

Seriously though, hack job on the website, Jonathan better have gotten that for free....

Sorry to highjack the post some, bestcat. You'll find yourself a great rig, keep looking and asking this group questions!
ipvirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:26 AM   #5

Price is a little high IMO but if that is what your looking for go for it. I think you could do that build from scratch for 25-30k less though.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:31 AM   #6

Thanks for all your help. SMB tells me now that this is actually made by Quad Van. its has quite a large under floor storage unit so depending on how easy it is to access once you get all your gear inside that could be a plus or a minus. There is no sink, that is a typo soooo no water cold or hot on board but a special cabinet to put water bottles. Can live wo shower but no water heating system at all...hmmm. I am thinking at this price level I would want to get that.

I appreciate your thoughts on the price. I am learning, thanks for helping me. Its is gorgeous but still needs to suit its intended purpose.

If I was SMB I would post a lot more photos on line. They send them very fast when you ask via email but that is time consuming and time costs money. I bet there are some on line shoppers that don't take the time and just move on.
Bestcat is offline   Reply With Quote