Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #11

Re: 2005 sportsmobile eb50 diesel 4x4 $45,000

I think the two highlights of sportsmobile ownership is when you buy one and when you sell one. Eric and i experienced both those today. The van is sold.

BIG THANKS TO THIS FORUM!!!

All my serious inquiries came from here.

Glennsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:13 PM   #12

Re: 2005 sportsmobile eb50 diesel 4x4 $45,000 (SOLD)

Some one no doubt has a very nice SMB……Is the lucky new owner a forum member????

Come out Come out wherever you are….and reveal yourself……..

Just curious if it was it an SMB 4x4 conversion or another brand conversion ???
Old 10-28-2013, 01:47 AM   #13

As Glenn said, that was a super easy transaction considering how momentous it was (for me at least). I've been lurking here for years, gleaning what I could and building a meager reserve of info. Today I spent 4.5 hours crawling under, over and through the van trying to remember all the important bits. Thanks for the patience Glenn. And thanks for the amazing lunch, Corinne: a delicious platter of steamed veggies and fresh fruits smothered in a tahini/parsley sauce with a loaf fresh home baked ciabatta. Then a berry/coconut smoothie later on, I only wish I had gotten some photos... sorry, you guys probably just want to hear about the van.

Initial impression is that this van is well cared for and not driven to it's limits. I didn't get to drive it home as I was solo today. Everything was pretty much as the ad claimed; interior systems all in working order, clean underneath - no leaks and the rusty bits seem to be the usual culprits, nothing on the body or frame. Top will need some attention, a few cracks in the gel coat and looking appropriately aged for a van that has spent its life outside. Drove better than I expected at highway speed and not bad in slow curves. No bump-stop contact over ruts and no detectable wallowing on the original OME shocks. Transfer case (Atlas II) takes a bit of determination, maybe that's just how they are. The color isn't the Baja Tan as it looked in the ad, more of a silver/green that I don't think I've seen in any of the galleries -and I've looked at most of 'em. I think Glenn called it "wheat", it looks awesome and the paint is in great shape.

As for the 4x4, I'd have to say SMB given the atlas II, leaf springs in front and dynatrac hubs. I couldn't find any i.d. on the axle or diff, so hopefully a matching set. It also has the 46 gallon tank, which was up for debate until I found the large label on the side.

Sorry for lame pic, best I could do today.

Thanks again all, this is gonna be fun!
Attached Thumbnails
SMB first shot (800x600).jpg  
Old 10-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #14

Congrats to new owner! Next one is mine ok ; )