Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2014, 01:29 PM   #21

Re: Sacramento Craigsfist, 2004 E350 4x4 $9000........

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer
Fishervan (Tony) was gracious enough to go check the van out for me yesterday. Seemed like everything pretty much checked out so I called the owner last night and agreed to purchase the van from him for his asking price. Told him I would head up there right after work today(about 4.5 hours away) and I would have cash to give him. He said there was someone coming to look at it this moring but would tell him that he wouldn't sell it until Saturday since I was coming up Friday night. I get a call this morning and he tells me he sold it to the guy for the same price ($9,000). Pisses me off when stuff like this happens, especially when you get someones word that they are going to sell it to you. Oh well, I'm sure something else will eventually come up!
Wow sorry to hear that. Myself and another gentlemen on this bored had the same experience with a van back in October 2013. Guy promised it to both of us then sold it locally after we both had made arrangements to pick it up. Unbelievable the way some people choose to do business.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:47 PM   #22
Site Team

Bad karma on that guy. It's one thing if he had said 'first one here with cash takes it' but to tell you he won't sell it before you get there, and then to turn around and do just that, says a lot about his character. Maybe you're better off without that van.

Herb
Old 03-14-2014, 01:56 PM   #23

Yeah pretty frustrating. If the guy would have told me that he is going to sell it to the first person who shows up with cash, then I would understand...it is craigslist afterall. But to tell someone that you will hold it for them (for less than 12 hours!) and then sell it to the next guy, well that doesnt sit as well with me.

The search continues! I may have missed an opportunity though because a month ago, my wife said no way to another van. Then I show her this one and she gives me the green light!