Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2014, 09:32 PM   #31

Re: STOLEN in SFO: GTRV 4x4

Great news ! But they stole the sofa bed? Odd

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:37 PM   #32
Site Team

Re: Recovered: STOLEN in SFO: GTRV 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampVan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
Also, free paint job!
Yeah, if it wouldn't void my insurance for future body accidents I'd drive it like this for a while, quite the hack-job that could protect from future break-ins, they ran out of paint in places. But it would be scaring people even more than the rig did as it was ...
Insurance should cover a first class new paint job -- the original paint was still perfect.
How about coating the van in PlastiDip, Raptor Liner or LineX?

Herb
Old 11-16-2014, 10:08 PM   #33

I think they just tossed out the bench to get to the safe (another thing I need new). Perhaps somebody in Marin County or SF sees the (grey) sofabed on the side of a road or backyard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler
How about coating the van in PlastiDip, Raptor Liner or LineX?
Not sure how these look like. It has a black liner along the bottom, and an OEM Ford kind of rubberized thicker zone painted white above that up to the first ridge along the bottom fifth. Would have to see examples to know what your suggestions look like.

My biggest interest right now is to learn about and quickly install tracking devices LoJack and similar, kill switches, alarms, etc
CampVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:58 PM   #34

Glad you got your van back.

Look into Ravelco, they will come and install in your van at your home or work for $469.00, plus
tax. If your AAA member you get 10% off installed price. Here is a link to them:

http://nohotwire.com

Pricing for California owners:

http://nohotwire.com/product/pricing-installations/
2004 Ford F350 Service Truck
2006 Peterbilt 320 (hence my forum handle)
Pete320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 11:09 PM   #35

So great that your van has been found! And nice that you are posting back to let us know about it (and the ongoing case). I had always heard that Ford vans were "easy" to break into - if so it would be odd that they "had" to drill a hole in the door (so maybe they are not that easy or the thieves just didn't know).

Sorry about the damage but I hope insurance makes you better than new. This is the sort of case where you totally deserve it.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:00 AM   #36

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva
[i]Edited to add: Okay, it's member "maxacceleration," and you can see the window here:
^^^ thank you very, very much! i really appreciate you taking the time to find me that info. ive been asking all over the site for about a year now, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampVan
...SFPD found my van, repainted and with fake license plates.
phenominal! really great news! sorry to hear about a jenky paintjob and damage, but at least you got your baby back!!!

if you have time, some dimentions of that window would be great, but if you have bigger fish to fry atm, i completely understand. i will hit up maxacceleration and see if he can provide me any info regarding the window.

good luck getting your rig back in order. and again, really sorry to hear about the entire ordeal
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote