Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2017, 10:37 AM   #11

Garage
Just talked to the owner. It's not registered.

Old 07-06-2017, 01:07 PM   #12

This could still be a deal. If i were in the market, I would inspect in person, make an offer, and provide a small deposit, (a few hundred dollars) and in return get a bill of sale stipulating the deposit is fully refundable, if the title can't be transfered in a certain amount of time. Then I would require the owner to go with me to the DMV with all the paper work he has. If they won't issue title on the spot, the ballance of funds would not transfer until title was in my name. If he's not willing to do that, I'd either walk away, or make a low ball offer if I really wanted it, and take my chances. At worst, you might risk a few hundred dollars if the guy's a flake, but on the other hand you might just get a great deal. I got the deal of the century on my van partly because I was willing to work hard to solve a lack of title issue. (There was no title, and the registered owner was out of the country)
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 01:18 PM   #13

Some more info:
A friend went to meet the owner and look over this van this morning. A car fax was pulled ahead of time, which told that the van had been in an accident on the right side a couple of times. Friend said that the side slider door won't close completely, and it dumps a lot of gas when turned over. I don't know if they started it and got it to idle. Details were scant via texting.
Youngster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 01:28 PM   #14

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngster View Post
Some more info:
A friend went to meet the owner and look over this van this morning. A car fax was pulled ahead of time, which told that the van had been in an accident on the right side a couple of times. Friend said that the side slider door won't close completely, and it dumps a lot of gas when turned over. I don't know if they started it and got it to idle. Details were scant via texting.
I looked at some of the photos and you can see the gaps on the doors. I figured it was hit at some point. Thanks for the update. Did he say want engine it had?
Old 07-06-2017, 02:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugee View Post
I looked at some of the photos and you can see the gaps on the doors. I figured it was hit at some point. Thanks for the update. Did he say want engine it had?
The engine is a 460, with 135k miles on it.

Talked to my friend briefly on the phone, said they almost got it started but it wouldn't quite do it. Said the interior is pretty rough, has handicap pedal controls and a wheelchair lift in it.

He passed on it, but felt that the seller would have taken less than his asking price.
Youngster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:00 PM   #16

no title? will be tied up in probate? run away
YetiTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:27 PM   #17

well if the dude has a power of attorney to sign whatever paper work then it's no big deal you fill out "pink" form from DMV with is transfer with missing title and you are done
polishadam82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:30 PM   #18

I don't think executor is quite the same as the correct living person or even power of attorney. But I'm not a lawyer. (If anyone is, or has experience with this, and can correct me with details, I'd be happy to learn more.)

I agree that this needs to be a conditional deposit for anyone that wants to be able to register this thing. Otherwise, it kind of is priced right to part out. Which would be a shame.

I've driven a class C with a 460. Those things haul. It has to be amazing in an RB.

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:10 AM   #19

Well my buddy is on his way right now so I will know more details tomorrow once he gets there and see what's up
Old 07-08-2017, 02:10 PM   #20

Well so a good friend of my picked this van up yestarday and drove it back 400miles home to SF bay area without any issues. Thanx for a free battery I guess whoever was checking it out earlier left it there also that fuel leak was a small leaky hose that was pretty easy accessible. Paper work is also done no biggie on that I'm trying to figure out why people are scared of getting their hands dirty a little bit and get smoking deal, engine runs very good 10mpg for a 460 is pretty damn good. Also reason why sliding doors didn't close is because there is a wheelchair lift so when that is working everything is closed completely without issues.Anyways guys dont be afraid to get your hands dirty a little and risk few bucks in the end this shit pays off big time
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0311.jpg   IMAG0308.jpg   IMAG0310.jpg