Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2019, 04:05 PM   #1

The Zombie Van is For Sale, For Reals!

Hey Kids! I'm moving on and looking to clear space for a new project.

Check out the Craigslist ad here: https://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/d...980141017.html

I'll also C&P the details here:

2003 Ford E350 "Sportsmobile" Quigley 4x4 7.3l diesel rig - $29999 (Ventura)

The triumvirate of Sportsmobile Rigs has always been the 7.3l Turbo-diesel (2003 was the last year this venerable beast was available), factor-installed Quigley 4x4 and the better-than-Sportsmobile camping rig penthouse poptop.

Here, unlike the claustrophobic coffin-esque sarcophagus of a penthouse the Sportsmobile offers, I had Colorado Campervans install their mid-profile poptop that goes high enough for you to sit up in the bed for two!

A lot of work has been done to make this self-sufficient. It just needs you to finish it.

Here's a forum thread detailing the extensive work that has been done to this beast:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...val-14553.html

The Great:

1) Only 160k miles on a barely broken-in tank of a 7.3l turbo diesel motor that runs like a clock.
2) Colorado CamperVan Mid-Profile penthouse is super roomy and the interior is in mint condition. Features the full winter package with insulated fabric sides for cold and windy environs and noise reduction from other wildlife or campers.
3) The front buckets have been upgraded with custom swivel mounts, so you can sit in the Zombie Van, facing into the interior.
4) The ZV comes with two extra black bucket seats we believe came from a Chrysler Town & Country or VW Routan, that also swivel and offer built-in safety belts.
5) Has a flexibile solar panel charging double lithium "house batteries".
6) Ride significantly improved with the Agile Ride Improvement Package (RIP: https://agileoffroad.com/rip-quote/)
7) Upgraded to power door locks and power windows.
8) Hi intensity fog lights added as "Zombie Lights"
9) Double DIN Alpine CD/DVD head unit installed with movement defeat so your passengers can watch DVDs while you're driving!
10) Proximity sensors added to back bumper with beeping frequency feedback
11) Front and Backup cameras installed and connected to the large screen Double Din Alpine unit
12) USB charging ports added to dash and sides for plenty of charging options on the road or on site.
13) Aluminum "basement" box installed in floorboard behind axle for storing essentials, emergency kit, tools, supplies, fluids, etc.
14) New windshield.
15) "New" pop-open rear windows for ventilation when camping.
16) Hi-temp ceramic window tinting all around.
17) Tough Scorpion (Rhino) truck bed coating in 2015 Audi Gray for durability and to look less like a "molesto-van".
18) Massive "Ranch-style"battering ram-like front brush guard.
19) Aluminess Rear spare-tire swing gate.
20) Aluminess nerf bars/step up.
21) Fiamma awning
22) Insulated carpet kit.
23) Neoprene seat covers for stock front seats to match black upholstery of second row seats.
24) Aftermarket engine tuner for maximum fuel efficiency.
25) Set of five(5) 75k Michelin Tires with barely a few K on them.
26) Set of five(5) New black aluminum rims.
27) "First Floor" of the Zombie Van is awaiting your touch. My plans were for a sofa/sleeper, kitchen with sink a table for dining, cards and drinking games! I just never got around to it. So, you have a clean slate.
28) Quigley 4x4 system was factory installed and warranteed as such.
29) Later model F-type heavy duty sideview towing mirrors with exgtra parabolic vision mirros.
30) Black Bushwacker Fender Flares.
31)Custom Black and yellow vanity license plates that read "BUGNOUT", as I dubbed the Zombie Van, the Official Zombie Apocalypse Bug Out Vehicle.
32) Easily the biggest, baddest rig on the road.

The Not-So Great:

1) Rust. There is rust. No rust-thru on the undercarriage or comprised suspension/running gear components. But, the drip rail around the top is rusted. I have lowered the price on the Zombie Van by another $5k to cover that repair.
2) The Scorpion coating is not super smooth or neat. It has a patina of rough textures and blotches. It is a still a decent 20-footer, but it's not going to win any paint competitions. It's there to tie in the white body with the different color pop top. Now it looks all as one massive bad-ass mean machine. It not for the pretty-minded.
3) The inverter that converts the DC house battery power to AC isn't working. I have not had time or inclination to resolve the matter. I might be as simple as a blown fuse or as expensive as a new replacement,
4) The rear A/C lines developed a leak and the entire AC system probably needs to be recharged. Price had been lowered before to accommodate this.
5) I have never engaged the Quigley 4x4 drive ever. Part of the reason why I'm selling the vehicle. I realize I do NOT need four wheel drive for my style of camping.
6) The power door locks and power windows need attending to. The door locks aren't engaging reliably. And the left driver's side window needs a little help in lowering.

My main reason for selling the Zombie Van is that my camping needs have changed and I'm looking for a truck and trailer combo that fits better in my lifestyle. If you have a turnkey Airstream Bambi camping trailer or newer model pickup truck with Appleplay, I'm open to an even or partial trade. (I will not offer the Zombie Van and extra money for any deal, regardless of how nice it is.

I am looking for $30K or best offer.

The Zombie Van is located in the city of Ventura, about 50 miles north of LA, off the 101. Come and take look and shoot the sh*t with me. I'm happy to share all.

Cheers!

Attached Thumbnails
KH_Zombie_Van.jpg  

Old 02-22-2020, 10:12 AM   #2

Zombie Van

Hey there,

I'm interested in the van, I'm in ventura pm me please
iathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 08:06 AM   #3

You say you've never engaged the 4wd, can you confirm it works though?
rgaller is offline   Reply With Quote