Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2017, 11:49 AM   #1

Vans for sale in Germany

Hey guys,

since I did not find a final conclusion I'm still looking around and will be very happy to get some input from you. Besides, here in this forum I get much more responses than I would ever get in any German forum.....

There are three options which I am currently observing. So may you have got some comments on this which are very appreciated.

1st option a E350 2WD RB 2006 6.0 diesel. The seller told me there are no maintenance record ? :
https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/d...=Recommend_DES

2nd one E350 EB 7.3 about 1996 where the seller seems to be very serious :
https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/d...=Recommend_DES

3rd a Chevy 2500 with 6.0 gasser :
https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=251830946&lang=de&utm_source=Direc tMail&utm_medium=textlink&utm_campaign=Recommend_D ES

Cheers,
Martin

martinli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:53 PM   #2

If wanted to use one of these in Germany, I'd stick with the newest gasoline one I could get my hands on. That should cut down on waiting for little parts that do break from time to time to show up in the mail.

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:57 AM   #3

I have the same Chevy 2500 2004(since it was new)with 6 liter motor and the same mileage and it has been a very reliable vehicle. With the proper maintenance.i ordered it from factory with extra doors on drivers side(very convenient!).even though it has street wheels/no lift I have taken this van down many dirt roads(slowly)good luck and keep us posted
Attached Thumbnails
8BB256AA-E4DB-46F1-999B-F646C9DC21AF.jpg   0785A861-0027-46F6-AD45-7C4A83BC2DB1.jpg  
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:01 AM   #4

My sister in law is here now from Muenster Germany and we are leaving today for Las Vegas to see Carlos Santana play and hike valley of fire fire next to lake mead/Hoover dam.the Germans are great tourists with all the vacation time they get per year! I won’t say how much as I don’t want smb members falling out of their chairs spilling coffee/getting hurt
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:31 AM   #5

I'd buy the Chevy.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:25 AM   #6

It's quite interesting that all of you mentioned to get the gasser.
I would have expected you priories one of the diesels.

Of course I would really like to get a SMB and some 4x4 but for the moment this is "out of range".
Looking at this high top variants is related to get some nearly standing hight in the car. Or to have a good hight when you have to sit inside on rainy days. Currently I have a low top Astro Van which is quite low inside and a bit cramped.

I wonder about the mileage one will get out of the 6.0 Chevy gasser instead of a 5.7 Chevy. But it's quite hard to get some numbers.
Alternativly I could get this one with very low miles : https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=252007829&lang=de&utm_source=Direc tMail&utm_medium=textlink&utm_campaign=Recommend_D ES

ciao,
Martin
martinli is offline   Reply With Quote