Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2021, 10:12 AM   #11

As someone who works in EMS I question the origin story here. Unless they swapped EVERYTHING interior there's no way that thing was an ambulance. No ambulance cut aways (especially for "small volunteer fire rescue company"... what, only driven on Sundays to church??) are ordered with leather captains chairs, DVD nav etc. We're lucky if we get a seatback we can adjust and AM radio... we just started getting power windows!

-- Bass

basssears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 05:50 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by basssears View Post
As someone who works in EMS I question the origin story here. Unless they swapped EVERYTHING interior there's no way that thing was an ambulance. No ambulance cut aways (especially for "small volunteer fire rescue company"... what, only driven on Sundays to church??) are ordered with leather captains chairs, DVD nav etc. We're lucky if we get a seatback we can adjust and AM radio... we just started getting power windows!

-- Bass
You missed one word, chassis. It's an ambulance chassis, meaning a cutaway body. The fiberglass body (everything but the cab) is a donor from an older Chinook Premier. They have a very unique shape and are a single molded piece of fiberglass.

I'm not really sure why they put 'ambulance chassis' in the ad. It's really just a dual rear wheel cutaway chassis, just like every motorhome is built on.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 09:55 AM   #13

Whats hard to understand? It was a cut away chassis with the ambulance package (dual alternators, high idle option, etc). They removed the ambulance box after 12,000 miles and bolted on the Chinooky. As much $$$ as they put into it safe to say they bought new seats also.
Conversion in process. Lol
Denver, CO
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 10:24 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
You missed one word, chassis. It's an ambulance chassis, meaning a cutaway body. The fiberglass body (everything but the cab) is a donor from an older Chinook Premier. They have a very unique shape and are a single molded piece of fiberglass.

The ad did say it ran as an ambulance for a bunch of years (just not a bunch of miles) then they removed the box. Who knows, maybe they did just add leather seats and I'm too cynical about Fleabay
basssears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 01:20 PM   #15

My fault, I did not reread the ad earlier before I posted. I read it once weeks ago when this first hit the scene.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote