Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2018, 09:59 PM   #11

That one I referenced was a 2006, so take $5k-$7500 off that price. I think high teens is pretty fair. If it’s a 5.4 or better, I’d be interested at $17.5k and flying up there under $15k.

Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:36 PM   #12

It's really all about condition, history, options in the lower end price range.. If it's one owner with full service records from day 1, that'd be worth thousands more than multiple owners with no service records.. And if it's super clean - like new - that's worth many thousands more than a bit beat up and worn.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 12:24 PM   #13

Your opinion

My 98 has been great with no big issues. I keep up on regular and preventative maintenance though. I’ve had it for six years at this point. There were some good changes starting in 98 model year, I believe, but don’t recall them offhand.

I assume mine would fetch high teens to maybe $20k. EB van, walk-through layout. EB31 or thereabouts. I’m second owner with all records from first owner, who I bought it from. East Coast van but not really any rust, which makes it rare (never driven in winter and original owner was in NC).

My best upgrade was to swap the 98 front suspension and brakes, and new OEM alloy wheels and Michelins, for new take-offs from a 2012 E250 (parts pulled by Quigley for a 4x4 conversion). Bilstein shocks all around, too, and rear swaybar. Handles and stops a lot better!

Other stuff has been mostly wear and tear. Starter solenoid* and starter. Serpentine belt* and all pulleys. Water pump, thermostat, radiator hoses. Harmonic balancer*. Heater core and hose connectors*. Starcool fans*. And other misc small stuff. Only the items marked * were part failures. The rest we’re preventative while I was doing the other things.

I want to know I can drive it across the country and back without worrying about breaking down in Nebraska at midnight. So far, three 9,000-mile, month-long XC trips and many other shorter ones with no major issues.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:33 PM   #14

Garage
Since it sounds like your pursuing this from a distance, If you decide to make a deal with the owner I'm sure they will request a deposit to take it off the market. I would first include a provision (in writing) that you have the final decision over the sale - agreeing that the Vehicle checks out to the standards the owner proclaimed (full disclosure). Make sure to include the return of your deposit if it wasn't represented honestly.
If and when you visit, check ALL systems. Drive it for an hour or so (test it on a variety of terrain); see how it stops under duress, engine have enough power, smoke from the exhaust when you give it gas, etc
I'm sure you have taken all this into consideration, but thought it prudent to mention in case your enthusiasm encourages you to take short cuts.
If this is the one, Hope it turns out to be everything your are envisioning. Good luck!
Old 10-30-2018, 05:36 PM   #15

There are quite a few members on this forum that live in the Pacific Northwest. There are a solid handful that live in Oregon and are regular contributors on this forum. I would bet someone would be willing to put eyes on it for you before you book a flight.
Nrobert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:30 PM   #16

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrobert10 View Post
There are quite a few members on this forum that live in the Pacific Northwest. There are a solid handful that live in Oregon and are regular contributors on this forum. I would bet someone would be willing to put eyes on it for you before you book a flight.
That would be awesome. Thanks a bunch for the suggestion.
bfolens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:43 PM   #17

No pics
No specifics (there are 3 v8's, 2 gas one diesel)

My guess.....$29.95
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:41 AM   #18

Garage
Hi All,

Okay, please find more details about the van and limited pictures

98 Ford E250 Sportsmobile
Extended Body
SMB 50 layout
2wd
V8 Gas
170k miles
color white
No Solar
No converter/inverter (not sure if it is a big need)
All maintenances records can be provided
Fridge, Gaz, microwave (all in working condition)
can organize pre-purchase inspection (at my cost)
Engine never rebuild (according to him no need for the next 100k)
5 seaters - no leather
no awning
no ladder or roof rack
no aluminum bumper
Asking price: $24,000
Attached Thumbnails
3.jpg   2.jpg  
Old 11-02-2018, 11:01 AM   #19

Garage
I should have more picture this weekend. But feel free to let me know if you have more comments for me here. THanks a bunch
Old 11-02-2018, 11:04 AM   #20
Site Team

Looks clean from the limited pics. Keep in mind there are two V8 gas engines, a 4.6L and a 5.4L.

I would be hesitant about the 4.6L in a heavy van.

Herb