Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2017, 09:25 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Yes, I feel a bit weak and dirty giving up and heading to the dealership. Especially after everyone here spent time helping me out. I tried. I failed. This one is a little beyond me right now. I just run out of time to track these details down even though I really really want to. Too many variables and I don't have the skill, knowledge, and perhaps the diagnostic tools to really figure this one out. I am defeated.

I have some other issues i need to work out as well and it's stuff I can't do either. So my goal right now is to get this thing running the way I think it can run and finish out the build. I am close to getting some major victories but still have a lot to do.

Home build frustrations I guess. But I have a 5 Star coming and want to make sure I have a factory flash and a motor that is running right before I go fooling with it further.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:15 AM   #62

Garage
Flux - Don't feel bad, I ended up giving up as well and taking it in. Sucks to have to pay but I want my van running right right now, not hopefully soon. They found my van misfiring all over the place and are going to do an injector flush. They wanted to clean the MAF and change an inline filter that doesn't exist ha ha. Since it sat so long I think the injectors just got kinda cruddy and there was probably some bad fuel in it that I just forced through. We'll see how it runs after that, I'll definitely be dropping the tank to clean it or swap it for one of the plastic ones I have laying around so no more crap has the chance to make it to my engine. Might even throw an inline filter in while I'm down there.

Anyway, here's a photo from the book of the fuel rail.

Edit - I forgot to mention of course there was no vacuum leak and I literally did everything I could before taking it in. Once they saw it misfiring they pulled a couple plugs and said they looked good so an injector flush was really the only option to see what was going on. Since I can't do that myself I am having them do it and am glad I finally just took it in so I can continue to enjoy driving my van again.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:00 AM   #63

The good news is I learned a ton while carefully messing with things. But I swear on all that is right in this world that there is no fuel pressure valve on the fuel rail of my 2013. It simply does not exist. No IAC either and the only fuel filter on the van is a "lifetime" filter inside the tank at the fuel pump. There is a fuel pressure regulator on the frame upstream of the tank, but that is it really. So without throwing parts at it. I am stumped really.

Easy enough to guess at few things but then it's just folly. I hope to hear back today and hopefully it's something simple like a bad O2 sensor or whatever.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:57 PM   #64

Garage
Alright, I got my van back. While I do believe that an injection flush was in order, it didn't change the issue.

So once I got it back I took it straight to MGs place and we swapped the maf out. Didn't change anything. Pulled the battery cable for 5 min, rebooked it up, hooked up MGs computer with his ford software, reset the KAM (Keep Alive Memory) Data. Turned the van off and then back on, heard the throttle do its sweep and once MG ran all his test that said everything else was good we started it up. No issues, idle was solid. Took it for a drive and still didn't have any problems.

Drove it back home and nothing changed, its running better than ever.

Hope this helps!

Old 04-11-2017, 03:58 PM   #65

Garage
Oh and while MG was in there he set my TPMS to 30psi all around, so no more lights!

Edit - not to brag or anything...

Old 04-11-2017, 04:16 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
Oh and while MG was in there he set my TPS to 30psi all around, so no more lights!

Lucky. I had a stupid light yesterday.

So I take it he could clear the KAM with his software?? I don't fully understand the sequence there but I think the tuner I am getting can clear KAM as well.

By throttle sweep do you man when you first start it after the KAM reset and it kind of revs down into a good idle??

I am glad you got that figured and hope that's the end of it for you.

It's not like my rig drives terrible but there is something funny. I have never had a car act like this with the idle deal and bogging out around at a stop and around corners. Nothing from the dealer yet, so we shall see.

But cheers on your success. Hopefully it learned itself real good and will quit being a pain.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:17 PM   #67

Quote:
Oh and while MG was in there he set my TPS to 30psi all around, so no more lights!

You should have asked him to set your gas mileage to 30 mpg
Old 04-11-2017, 04:47 PM   #68

Garage
After resetting it you can hear the throttle body sweeping back and forth when you turn the key to on but don't actually start the motor yet.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:58 PM   #69

Quote:
After resetting it you can hear the throttle body sweeping back and forth when you turn the key to on but don't actually start the motor yet.

Good to know and thanks for all your help Mr Sweezy.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:41 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
You should have asked him to set your gas mileage to 30 mpg
A Ford V8 engine? Buhwahahahahahahaha!!!!
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote