Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2020, 12:51 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJJ View Post
Mine was installed by a professional shop (Weldtec).
Also, Jeremy installed my lift, shocks, and springs. He does nice work and I'd trust his appraisal. He's definitely knowledgeable and dedicated to his craft...

TRAVRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 01:02 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVRSS View Post
Also, Jeremy installed my lift, shocks, and springs. He does nice work and I'd trust his appraisal. He's definitely knowledgeable and dedicated to his craft...
Oh yeah, no doubt Jeremy knows what he is doing. My van has performed excellent after leaving his shop. My diff just leaked a ton of oil and it was a little unsettling to drive out into the middle of nowhere with no phone service without doing anything to address the leak haha. Not saying the "let it ride" approach was wrong, just had me crawling underneath the car checking it every time we stopped.

Oil was dripping off the rear bumper onto my driveway and had literally splattered up onto the back windows of the van. Those pictures are after I had attempted to clean some of it up.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3783.jpg   IMG_3785.jpg   IMG_3782.jpg  
BenJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 01:14 PM   #23

Looks like the whole quart you added came out the overflow tube. Messy...
Old 12-08-2020, 10:53 AM   #24

Awesome to hear. I am curious what the labor cost was and time they spent putting it in? I am going to be looking for a shop in In Washington to do just that! Install the ARB locker. I got my whole suspension setup from Jeremy and am super exited to get that under the van soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJJ View Post
Hey TRAVRSS, I ended up with a big mess of diff fluid leaking after getting an ARB locker installed. Mine was installed by a professional shop (Weldtec). They basically told me that it would just find its happy place and stop leaking? This sound accurate at all?

After first discovering the mess and talking to them I added about a quart of fluid which then caused it to just leak more. I filled it up just below the drain plug level. I have driven it quite a bit since, over 1000 miles, and haven't had any issues and the locker seems to work just fine. I do carry extra diff fluid with me now just in case though.

Anything I should keep an eye out for? Their suggested solution just doesn't sit well so its been in the back of my mind on some of my more remote trips.
dkonzelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 11:27 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkonzelman View Post
Awesome to hear. I am curious what the labor cost was and time they spent putting it in? I am going to be looking for a shop in In Washington to do just that! Install the ARB locker. I got my whole suspension setup from Jeremy and am super exited to get that under the van soon!
The locker was a day turnaround, $550. Dropped it off in the morning and picked it up the next day... It doesn't say how many hours but around here its around $100/hr. He installed the diff, switch on dash, compressor, and lines between each. And when it leaked out the overflow, he went back in and fixed that for free.
H/T Coastal Differential Repair in Ventura. Super nice fella!

Suspension was $1200 at 100/hr. Ocotillo kit, shocks, leafs. Jeremy has done so many that I felt most comfortable with him doing the install too.
Old 12-09-2020, 09:53 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVRSS View Post
The locker was a day turnaround, $550. Dropped it off in the morning and picked it up the next day... It doesn't say how many hours but around here its around $100/hr. He installed the diff, switch on dash, compressor, and lines between each. And when it leaked out the overflow, he went back in and fixed that for free.
H/T Coastal Differential Repair in Ventura. Super nice fella!

Suspension was $1200 at 100/hr. Ocotillo kit, shocks, leafs. Jeremy has done so many that I felt most comfortable with him doing the install too.
I take it the $550 was just the installation of the locker, compressor, etc? What did you end up with for the compressor? and if you don't mind about how much was the entire setup?
spazegun2213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 10:21 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazegun2213 View Post
I take it the $550 was just the installation of the locker, compressor, etc? What did you end up with for the compressor? and if you don't mind about how much was the entire setup?
Yep, just the install.... I did the ARB CKMA12/24 (the larger one) And the total came to $2200 (for the RD169)
Old 12-09-2020, 10:25 AM   #28

One more thought... the compressor does get hot and I'm going to do the wire braided hose trick at the beginning of the coupling to help prevent it from flying off at temp.