Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2014, 10:46 AM   #31

Re: 5.4 vs 4.6 ford engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by E350
I remember that road...
My wife and I drove it at night in our 2002 7.3L PSD in February 2010 from Whistler to Revelstoke.
(Before winding our way back down to Radium and Fairmont hot springs and Kicking Horse (!!!) Fernie, Red Mountain, Big Red Cats and Whitewater.)
Although the van weighed ~9,600 lbs. on that 26-day trip, we had no problems with power.
However, the Flames and Oilers driving 18-wheelers back presumably to Calgary were relentless and I pulled over scared on the ice caked road many times to let their bow wave shake my van as they passed at speeds which I thought were over-limit in Canada. Eh?
I used to drive it to get to kelowna Every dec22 in my old 94 b250 camper van to go spend christmas with my wife's parents in Kelowna.(ihave no family out west). Its a scary road and those 18 wheelers are bat shit crazy. I never had used chains but had them with me. I was using michelinLTx tires and took it real slow a lot. Passed dozens of carsand trucks high sided in snow banks or in the ditch on one trip that had all passed me going too fast...
I won't drive there in the winter anymore. Rolled the dice too often and prefer to use the phone instead
Sounds like you had nice trip up there,been wanting to road trip up there myself.