Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2021, 07:35 AM   #21
Commercial Member

For other's with a 6.0 Powerstroke, it is an absolute must to have some sort of monitor to watch these sensors.

ICP and IPR duty cycle
Engine oil temp vs coolant temp
Battery voltage
FICM voltage

These injectors are very sensitive, and low voltage from a weak alternator or battery will slowly wipe out a FICM, which in turn will wipe out injectors.

Crappy oil will also certainly shorten the life of these injectors. Use at least a Group 3 oil, which is semi-synthetic.

corey@cncfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 09:26 AM   #22

Fully agree on having a device to monitor engine running parameters on the 6.0.

Scan gauge II installed and also carry my automotive scanner (Not top of the line but good enough to allow to monitor real time data ).

Alternator - FICM.- Had an issue with the alternator 2 years ago, had no problem with the FICM or injectors but the truck was letting you know something was wrong and protected itself from variable voltages and turned on the wrench light in the dash..

Oil - Synthetic seems to be the best you can do, maybe based on the amount of shear the oil puts in the oil due to the injection been actuated by the high oil pressure. If I use regular oil I will get a couple of codes related to ICP sensor, (which is brand new as well as IPR) switch back to Amsoil and the problem goes away and guess what mileage improves significantly.
Have the dual Amsoil filtering system which is great but once after many many miles of off road driving the oil filter became loose and lost all oil in the middle of nowhere (Desierto de Vizcaino Baja Mexico), since then I check my filters periodically and carry decent amount of oil and replacement filters for oil and diesel.

Diesel additives.- additive in diesel does not seem to make much of a difference, additive in oil makes a big difference. Use both as a safety net..

Fuel Injectors - About where I bought the injectors, it was after a lot of searching on line, but the purchase was made on the phone. I think it was Accurate diesel, spent some time on the phone with them and they were quite helpful. Do not have the details with me ( In Baja at the time) can check back later, invoice was paper not electronic.
jquevedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 02:41 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey@cncfab View Post
For other's with a 6.0 Powerstroke, it is an absolute must to have some sort of monitor to watch these sensors.

ICP and IPR duty cycle
Engine oil temp vs coolant temp
Battery voltage
FICM voltage

These injectors are very sensitive, and low voltage from a weak alternator or battery will slowly wipe out a FICM, which in turn will wipe out injectors.

Crappy oil will also certainly shorten the life of these injectors. Use at least a Group 3 oil, which is semi-synthetic.
Hey Corey welcome to the Sportsmobile forum! I post as 6.0vanman in the diesel forums. I'm not sure if you sell injectors but when the times comes for an oil pump I'll be hitting up CNCFAB!
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 09:10 PM   #24
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
Hey Corey welcome to the Sportsmobile forum! I post as 6.0vanman in the diesel forums. I'm not sure if you sell injectors but when the times comes for an oil pump I'll be hitting up CNCFAB!
I sure do, and I only carry Ford OEM reman injectors or Pure Power. Best warranty too.
Old 01-01-2022, 08:15 AM   #25
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by corey@cncfab View Post
I sure do, and I only carry Ford OEM reman injectors or Pure Power. Best warranty too.
Not to be too much of a buzz kill but perhaps you should be registered here as a vendor?
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 01:20 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Not to be too much of a buzz kill but perhaps you should be registered here as a vendor?
Corey, please message JanetH who represents the forum owner and ask that she update your profile with a Vendor Tag. That's all it takes.

Herb
Old 01-01-2022, 05:58 PM   #27
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
I looked all over this forum and never found a spot/sub forum for anything related to a vendor section. We are on quite a few other forums and they have those specific vender sections.

Thanks for the person of contact though. I'll reach out to them.