Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2021, 05:07 PM   #1

6.0 Injectors Needed

Well, it's looking like I need a couple of injectors so I'm going to bite the bullet and do all eight. This is on an '07 6.0

Any good advice on which injectors to buy? Lots of companies selling remans at lots of different prices.

I guess there are no new ones out there, only remans. So, get 'em from a Ford dealer or is there a better place?
I'm not saying money is no object, but I want the best available. The labor getting to them is the major hassle so quality is what's all about for me.

2007 RB50, 6.0
K1WGB
scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 06:11 PM   #2

Garage
I’ve always heard to go Ford OEM.
Old 10-09-2021, 06:36 PM   #3

Garage
Cant remember which member on this Forum posted this (a while back), but thought it important enough to copy it for future reference:
NEW INJECTORS
Here's the link to the "brand new" injectors from Accuratediesel.

https://www.accuratediesel.com/6-0l-...ufactured.html

"NOT Remanufactured!
For many years our customers have asked us for a BRAND NEW 6.0L Powerstroke Injector Option. Finally, it is here! Our new fuel injectors come direct from Ford's original equipment supplier. There is simply no better 6.0L injector anywhere on the planet. For those who appreciate the very best quality, this is it. No part of the injector ever used in any engine anywhere at any time!
***Please note that the manufacturer does require a core exchange on these, even though they are brand new 6.0 Powerstroke injectors."
Old 10-14-2021, 10:56 AM   #4

Go OEM and ot Reman if budget allows

I had to replace a couple on my 6.0 2005 with less than 102K miles due to bad diesel.
After checking all options, I decided to replace the 8 injectors with stock size ( no fancy tuning in my truck, I do not want power I want reliability), brand new OEM injectors.
While there, check for stand off pipe upgrade, Hi pressure oil rail orings replacement and maybe consider increasing the diesel fuel injector pressure with a blue spring upgrade.
I did all the work with engine mounted in about a week give or take, it was painful and need to have some specific tools..
jquevedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 11:00 AM   #5

Another source to check out is injectorsdirect.com
Old 10-14-2021, 02:56 PM   #6

Go with Ford injectors. 2 year warranty. Ask around and find a Ford or international teamed 6.0 mechanic. There were special schools for those guys and the knowledge is priceless. Also Ford has a specific laptop for diagnostics which is more specific than other scan tools. Not a deal breaker on the computer. However the 6.0 training will pay dividends in long term satisfaction.
JonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 06:21 PM   #7

Yep, go Ford on injectors. Ford holds their suppliers to a higher standard than what can be found aftermarket. They'll still be remans. The dealer or a repair shop will charge $300 ea but you can source them for closer to $200. https://www.injectorsdirect.com/prod...emanufactured/
https://www.ficmrepair.com/index.cfm...rod/prd214.htm
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 09:31 AM   #8

First off, thanks to everyone for the responses! Sorry about late getting back here, I've been traveling and no Internet.

I'm still a bit up in the air. I was originally planning on going with Ford, but they are rebuilt. The ones from Injectors Direct and Accurate Diesel are supposed to be brand new and built by the same folks that supplied new ones to Ford. That sounds pretty good, but only one year warranty versus two years on the remans from Ford. If they're new and so good, why only one year?

I agree with jquevedo, I want stock reliability and I was planning on doing/checking the other stuff he mentioned. Did the blue spring years ago. Where did you get your injectors jquevedo?

What's a mother to do....

2007 RB50, 6.0
K1WGB
scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 10:45 AM   #9

Garage
Two years ago I needed to replace them all on my '07 6.0L. My diesel specialty repair shop got them from Ford, I think. Don't know if they were rebuilt, but rebuilt can be as good as new. Don't worry about that especially if Ford provides them. Really helped my performance. Then I replaced the entire wiring harness and things get even better still.
Old 10-16-2021, 12:01 PM   #10

Ford does rebuild them with a new spool valve which is what most commonly fails. I didn't know that brand new ones could be sourced aftermarket but I'd research it a bit before committing.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote