Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2021, 12:40 AM   #1

6.0 Remote Oil Filter Housing lines

I need to replace my remote oil filter housing on my 2004 E350 6.0 and i have removed all the 3 bolts holding the housing but for the life of me, I' m having a real tough time removing those two hard lines from the housing. The bolt holding the line down is removed. It looked like the lines are stuck solid into the housing. Is there any special ways or tricks to separate the 2 lines from the housing so i can install a new housing?

Mug23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:29 AM   #2

Garage
Pics would help. Is this the Amsoil system? If you want to replace the housing, then you need to replace the oil lines as well, so it doesn't matter. You're dumping the whole thing.
Old 01-03-2021, 12:17 PM   #3

It is OEM 6.0 diesel lines that goes to the remote oil filter housing.

Old 01-03-2021, 09:18 PM   #4

If I remember right, the oil hard lines just have an oring that slides into the filter housing. The double fork looking part that is around the hard lines is the "clamp" that holds the lines from pushing out. The fork clamp is held in place by a bolt in between the two hard lines. The bolt might be an allen cap screw and may be recessed into the fork clamp. Remove the bolt, slide the fork clamp up the lines slightly (might need to break loose with something sharp), slide the hard lines out. Orings might be swollen and tight. I can go out and look at mine to confirm in the morning if you need.

- Eric
ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 11:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuttlePilot View Post
If I remember right, the oil hard lines just have an oring that slides into the filter housing. The double fork looking part that is around the hard lines is the "clamp" that holds the lines from pushing out. The fork clamp is held in place by a bolt in between the two hard lines. The bolt might be an allen cap screw and may be recessed into the fork clamp. Remove the bolt, slide the fork clamp up the lines slightly (might need to break loose with something sharp), slide the hard lines out. Orings might be swollen and tight. I can go out and look at mine to confirm in the morning if you need.

- Eric
Hi, Thank you for your reply. When I went and look there, the bolt was missing. I can easily put in another bolt if I want to. I use a hammer to lightly bang on that clamp hoping that it will come lose but it is stuck there. It seems like it is welded to the aluminum. I try using using a screw driver to pray it off but no luck. That thing wouldn't even move at all.

I'm going to pick up some new o-rings so I can use some heat on it to see if I separate. I know by using heat, it will destroy the o-rings in there now.

I though this would be an easy replacement job but it seem like it is really stuck in there.
Old 02-28-2021, 12:40 AM   #6

Now I was able to get the 2 oil lines out and replaced both lines new OEM Ford o-rings but now it is leaking upon start of the motor. It is leaking pretty good.
Anyone have any ideals on how to seal those o-rings to stop the leak?