Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2010, 02:55 PM   #11

Re: 6.0 won't start?

I just did a Google search on "low turbo pressure" and came up with this from www.powerstroke.org
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-0-mo ... ssure.html

Good Luck
John

Old 08-28-2010, 08:11 PM   #12

bad news just got back in town and the kill switch was fine....... tow truck to follow. SH*t !!!!
gregsmith212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:44 AM   #13

Home from the shop and all is well!!!! It seams that the problem was with the Edge connector. It was loose and dirty where it connects into the Y-cord and was giving cam sensor faults. They disconnected the Edge box and it started fine, reconnected it, and dead again. The box was simply jammed into the air cleaner area so they think that it had to much freedom to wiggle around and over time was able to get dirty. I guess we can add this one to the list of what to look at when your 6.0 dies.......

I think we need to start a gallery of tow truck shots. These things even look bad a$$ on a tow truck......
gregsmith212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 10:53 AM   #14

Well I am stumped. My 6.0 will not start unless I switch over to the house batteries. ford replaced my starter batteries no less than a month ago because they where under warranty. I am getting a charge out of the alternator but as soon as I switch off the house batteries the van dies. I have checked the enerta switch, the oil press comes up fine, all of the fuses are good. I was driving it everyday last week and I just sarted it on Monday and it just died. I just drove the Grand Staircase Escalante road prior to the new battery install which shook the you know what out of the van. Any ideas?
Old 12-17-2016, 12:31 PM   #15
Site Team

Garage
I'd get the vehicle back to Ford and cut the tie between the house and starting batteries. Let them trouble shoot it from there. I'm not saying Ford screwed you, maybe they just left a loose connection at the starting batteries. I'd also look to see if they actually replaced both batteries. The dealership might have not tested each battery on its own. And there is nothing saying that they installed a new bad battery.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 01:40 PM   #16

Thanks Dave. It is 4 degrees here and I crawled under and checked the starter battery terminals. Not all that good of job on the reinstall so I reconnected them. I then unbolted the ground lug coming off the back battery to the frame and it let out quite the spark. I am thinking that maybe it was caused by the battery's trying to equal themselves or one may have a bad cell as well? They did replace both of the batteries. I put a charger back on and will see what happens. Monday it is to go back to Ford.
Old 12-17-2016, 03:12 PM   #17

Well I got it started using the starting batteries after an hour or two charge. The gauge on the dash is about mid point then starts to drop when you put additional loads on like the lights. I am thinking now it must be an intermittent alternator issue or a bad battery.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:49 PM   #18

Went to Ford today and found out it was my two year one month old alternator that went bad. Ford had put a new alternator in which had a two year warranty!! Looking at $600 bill tomorrow. I am just happy it didn't go out at Mt Bachelor the day before.