Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2018, 05:38 PM   #21

Garage
OK, everyone, I now have a new turbocharger on my 6.0L along with replacement oil tubes and electrical plug. And, IT MADE NO DIFFERENCE. My engine still hesitates and bucks when I reach 60- 70 mph, or going up grades. And when I reach freeway speeds and end acceleration to cruise with less demand, it bucks noticeably. The Ford dealer diagnosed it as a turbo issue. Now I don't know what to do.

Old 05-08-2018, 08:27 PM   #22

Oh snap, that sucks. I know you replaced the FICM but maybe you got a bad one? Fuel pressure? Either could be starving the injectors as going down the road. Doesn't sound like the HPOP but may injector O-rings? And no codes. What a bummer man, keep us posted.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:15 PM   #23

Garage
I had no choice but return to the dealer, hopefully with a good diagnosis this time. They changed the two fuel filters and the air filter. I got back most of my power. That's fine, except for the dealers cost of $633.00!! When I got home I found the identical Motorcraft filters all for $88, instead of the $195 they charged me. And I paid $420. for the labor. What the hell? Anyway, I'm not here to complain about dealer sticker shock. I have power back, and I'm off to the mountains next week.