Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2016, 10:22 PM   #451

Hopefully your form tool will, and it should, draw the material from the inside of the hole. I'm sure you're familiar with Die Cushions when forming. no easy way to do that on your application. I doubt that paint is gonna stretch like the steel will, but you never know!

Best of luck from the simple minds here!!

Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 05:50 PM   #452

Finally some progress on the radiator and intercooler mounts! A new lower core support has been fabricated and the upper core support is trimmed. Now comes the fun part, making them look like I never touched them.

The radiator and shroud fit well. There's just enough room in front of it to mount the A/C condenser too. Even with the intercooler way out there in front, the grill support only needs a few little trims to fit like it's supposed to. Once the finish welding is done, the front end parts go to powder and I start running the wiring harness! Woo Hoo! I say that like it's easy but the truth is that I don't have the hood latch installed yet and of course the intercooler is making me change the location of that. It isn't a radical change in position...but just enough to make things difficult.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:11 PM   #453

Only minor trimming needed to fit the grill support in around the intercooler.

I have the hood latch issue figured out. It won't even look like I moved it.

The last part in the front that I'm waiting on for fit-up is the aftermarket air box. It looks factory-ish and will blend in well with the van's core support cover. There's a nice little spot for it to sit and draw clean air from inside the fender. c
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:17 PM   #454

Garage
man, that ic looks like it was made to sit in that spot.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 07:33 PM   #455

Have you seen this? It's a stock second door for his rear tank.
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 07:37 PM   #456

Ford does sell a rear fuel door kit, designed for use with rear tanks in mobility applications. It does howeve look slightly aftermarket. It does not fit flush like the front gas door.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:39 PM   #457

If I'm not mistaken that was a front fuel door custom fitted, it looked exactly like the front one when I saw Claude's van in person.
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 11:58 AM   #458

Very cool Bbasso. I had forgotten about that on Claude's van too. He did a lot of bodywork on that van, I guess that's when it he did that. Man, it looks perfect.

For the uninformed Claude's van above (VivalaVida) was a yellow rental van with no windows when he started, but hmmm, it has windows now.....and he didn't change the doors! He put them in. Lots of one off custom work in that one. It's still my favorite all time van.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 01:08 PM   #459

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Very cool Bbasso. I had forgotten about that on Claude's van too. He did a lot of bodywork on that van, I guess that's when it he did that. Man, it looks perfect.

For the uninformed Claude's van above (VivalaVida) was a yellow rental van with no windows when he started, but hmmm, it has windows now.....and he didn't change the doors! He put them in. Lots of one off custom work in that one. It's still my favorite all time van.

For anyone looking for more info, "VivalaVida" is van owned by member Pschitt.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 04:31 PM   #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Very cool Bbasso. I had forgotten about that on Claude's van too. It's still my favorite all time van.
Yes, lots of great features on his van. His custom fold away steps are a great design, and overall the entire van is well thought out.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote