Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2022, 10:56 PM   #651

So fresh, so clean!

2010 E350 RB V10 Cargo "unicorn" (SOLD)
2007 E350 4x4 "VANdiana Jones"(SOLD)
mk216v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 05:53 PM   #652

Before I move on to showing pictures of the interior cabinets, I thought I'd finish off the step trim progression.

mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 09:12 PM   #653

Very nice!
coloradoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 02:09 PM   #654

Final assembly is my favorite part of the build! Roof rack and interior cabinet parts came back from the powder coater recently. I think y'all are gonna like how this plays out.

Old 10-26-2022, 06:13 PM   #655

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
Before I move on to showing pictures of the interior cabinets, I thought I'd finish off the step trim progression.

That looks really nice, are you going to be selling these?. Id recommend adding some nonskid tape or something to the area where you step. I have two scars on my shin from when I slipped on mine and raked it across the edge of the stock plastic trim.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 12:28 PM   #656

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
Final assembly is my favorite part of the build! Roof rack and interior cabinet parts came back from the powder coater recently. I think y'all are gonna like how this plays out.

Love the L-track cutouts!
motovan_mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 10:18 AM   #657

I've been slacking with update pictures... Here the roof rack is finally going on the van for the last time. I've installed a couple roof racks with a forklift and some helpers but this is by far the best way to hoist a roof rack if you're doing it solo.

Solar panel wiring gets some love before install

I have the majority of the interior cabinet pieces installed now and I'm down to a relatively short list of items to finish up before it's done. More pictures coming soon!
Old 12-03-2022, 09:01 PM   #658

@mgmetalworks
E series needs gutter clamps to DIY your own 80/20 roof rack, so we can feel inferior to this rack.
Nice welds.
desertsherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 04:48 PM   #659

Cummins van interior photo dump! I'm hoping for some nice days so I can drive out to the coast and get some really good photos of the whole van finished. For now, these pics will have to do.

Lower window trim took quite a bit of effort in order to fit around the side window latches up front and make a provision for rear A/C vent (oblong hole at the rear). I 3D printed a part to fit into the A/C duct and transitioned into the hole in the trim panel. Stainless countertop is being formed now to finish off the driver side cabinet. A National Luna fridge fits nicely into the space behind the driver.

I thought of a bunch of different ways to do the side couch/bed but in the end opted for simplicity. It is roughly the width of a twin bed when deployed and nearly 80" long. Lots of storage under the couch too. The Eberspacher heater is tucked behind the cabinet on the passenger side.

I'd been thinking about this for a long time but I finally made new (more useful) seat bases and my own swivel. I tried to make a readily available swivel work for what I wanted to do but none of them that I tried were just right. Also, the stock Eseries seat base leans back a bit more than I liked with the SM seat. I am happy with the seating position now and there's useful storage under the seat. Plus I offset the swivel pivot point so the seat could be in a decent position (more inboard when rotated) with the door closed and not have the arm rest rammed into the door.

I've been driving the van a bit and really enjoying it. Electrical systems are performing well, stereo sounds amazing, interior is quiet and the drivetrain...oh my! So fun!
Old 01-28-2023, 05:08 PM   #660

Love everything, especially the swivels. Will you be offering any of these things for sale?
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote