Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2013, 05:44 AM   #41

Re: 6.8L V10 exhaust and intake...

It (value of upgrades) depends if one is after power or fuel economy. That would lead to two different conversations in my opinion.

Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:37 PM   #42

What about cab noise with a v10 that has headers, K and N, and a Magnaflow? Is there much drone at freeways speeds?
gradalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #43

I had really bad drone on 2-lane highways, when I first put on the Banks PowerPack.

Banks suggested a turned tip instead of straight tip. That fixed it! Still more exhaust noise than stock, but tolerable. Doesn't bother me enough to add any soundproofing. I probably will at some point when I improve insulation and re-do the floor, but not solely for the exhaust.

The AFE intake did add intake noise, but in a good way. It's hard to describe, but under WOT you can tell its a V10 now!
Old 12-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #44

Really like the look of the AFE intake. Will order it.

Does Banks make the Stinger WITHOUT the intake? What is the part number for the V10 van?

Part number for Magnaflow cat back?

"A job worth doing is worth doing at least twice."
ANZAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANZAC
Really like the look of the AFE intake. Will order it.

Does Banks make the Stinger WITHOUT the intake? What is the part number for the V10 van?

Part number for Magnaflow cat back?
I'm pretty sure they do. I've been researching and watching Banks stuff lately trying to find a setup for my 460. I'm pretty sure any catback Stinger system will work for you but you might have to have a muffler shop size some pieces to make them fit, unless you are set up to do that yourself.
I emailed back and forth with them a few times and they said the full powerpak header system will NOT work on the 4x4 vans because of interference with the front driveshaft. CarringB told me this too about the same time. He may know more about exactly what's available but email Banks or search for what you need on Ebay. It's probably there. There's a lot more stuff around for the v10's than the 460s.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:35 PM   #46

Old thread bump - put the AFE intake on my rig, nice improvement! Mid throttle drivability is much better.

Would like to find a nice cat and cat back system that is not too loud. Magnaflow didn't seem to have V10 systems.

"A job worth doing is worth doing at least twice."
ANZAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 04:36 PM   #47

I added JBA headers at 550 miles on the OD. I could not add a photo here due to too many pixels, but I did upload a photo to my gallery.
BillPa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 05:35 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPa1
I added JBA headers at 550 miles on the OD. I could not add a photo here due to too many pixels, but I did upload a photo to my gallery.
Are they custom or "off the rack" for the V10 vans? What's the performance like and did you do any tuning?

Thanks,

Oogs
ridintall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 03:47 PM   #49

The headers are available nation wide and are a stock product delveloped by JBA Headers. I have not done any tuning yet. No exhaust modifications yet either. Better performace is very noticable. I will post MPG's once a get a few trips logged.
BillPa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 12:37 PM   #50

I am still looking for the quietest exhaust possible.....the cab noise if pretty bad even with dynamat on the floor and inside of doghouse. Any suggestions? I wish I had the OEM muffler back on this van since I don't recall there being any noise issues back then. Apparently the OEM replacement from Ford is not available. I'm running V-10, gas. Maybe the "turned tip" would help, but I don't know what that is either.....thanks in advance for any suggestions on a good, quiet muffler!