Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2022, 02:13 PM   #31

Wouldn't have to be 6.7 parts, just the concept. The 6.7 system uses a coolant system separate from the engine coolant system. With this air to water system if the water aspect fails, your basically back to stock, no intercooler, but you can still drive it. Both systems are subject to boot and radiator failures as are all intercooler systems.

Conversion in process. Lol
Denver, CO
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 08:46 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW3340 View Post
I brain stormed (modern coolant type intercooler system) for a while as an option but it never really solved any problems for me.

Yep, and created more problems for yourself along the way. Where does it end? and where is the point of diminishing returns? and how many more failure points, connections to leak, hoses to come off (because you didn't get the routing quite right) do you want to add?

For people who have never taken on an ambitious project like this, it's hard explain why a guy would not go 'all in and over the top'. Propane or nitrous oxide injection? twin turbos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW3340 View Post
The main issue is the packaging for the intercooler tubes at the Spyder, setting the intercooler is easy it’s just running the tubes in the tunnel under the cab where things get tight that gets challenging. Would there be some heat shedding benefits? ...I don’t think it’s worth the extra headache.

I agree, the tube routing is the biggest royal pain in the a$$ of the entire job. Anyone can shove tubes through an opening and rig up something that looks like a bad youtube video. To do it right, where you can confidently take the finished product on the road (or deep off the road) and not plan to trailer it home, is next level.
Old 11-18-2023, 02:57 PM   #33

Amazing! Would you be willing to do thus again on my 2003 7.3? I simply don’t have the hands-on experience to pull this off, but my van obviously needs it. For the right price?
lilnaterz is offline   Reply With Quote