Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2018, 11:55 AM   #21

I have found the same availability as others in this thread. I did the turbo back down pipe and a 4 inch diameter tailpipe to match. Also used a tuner that is NLA which like those available offers up to 100 Hp as long as you don't tow. They are not switchable and I tow 10K so I used the tow level 15 years ago and left it like that. Brakes also need to be upgraded and Bully Dog makes a good shift enhancer.

I also tried a gizmo that was supposed to allow an early lock up for the transient TC but it did not work. I find that under most conditions I could use a lock at 45 mph or 50 but the stock hold÷ onto the TC until 55.

Other than less restrictive and less protected air filters, nothing else is available for the PSD van because the turbo has no waste gate and the ECU has no programming to control one.

Old 10-18-2018, 12:49 PM   #22

A thread over on ExPo had amazing 7.3 upgrade info on it. But I couldn't remember whose, and I couldn't remember the poster's name. Finally found it this morning. It's Gregor's Not So Subtle Shuttle build (so much goodness there it's easy to forget all the details), and EuroFord was the contributor...

https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/search/337158/

Posts on that search are in reverse chronological order so start at the bottom and work your way up.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote