Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2016, 04:38 PM   #1

Aftermarket Transmission Controller- Anybody?

I have been wanting to dial in my E4od transmission for a while now and have found these controllers on the market. They allow you to change tire size, rear end gear ratios, shift points, shift smoothness, torque converter lock, and monitor trans temps, and DTCs. Has anybody tried them? Are they as easy to install as they advertise? Any personal experience would help, as the internet doesn't have a lot of reviews or feed back that I can find.

MSD
Atomic Transmission Controller, Stand Alone - 2760

Banks
Banks Power | Why Add a TransCommand?

US Shift
The Quick 4 Transmission Control System

Thanks for any advice... in advance...

wadewaydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 05:15 PM   #2

Garage
I'm also interested... But what I'd REALLY like is full manual control over my 4R100.
ert01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:49 PM   #3

I have the TransCommand. IMO it does what it's intended to: increase line pressure and lower T/C lockup speeds to reduce heat when your motor is making more power than stock. It does ok at that. But I still had to turn my line pressures up more with a programmer (Granted, my V10 is making more HP than just having a Bank PowerPack on its own, so logically their own transmission controller just isn't enough for MY needs). But since most of my driving is towing, its good enough I guess. What I really want is more gears! Which I don't think is impossible, or even all that complicated. Just need $$$ to do it...
Old 01-28-2016, 12:02 AM   #4

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
I've use the CompuShift II on some projects.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote