Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2020, 02:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillV View Post
I would consider removing and eliminating the fan stator while you are working on the alternator. Keeping the stator off will give you access to all front accessories if you are ever on the road and need to quickly get in to your engine.

I removed my stator, and monitored the motor with a scan gauge and laser thermometer and the deltas are the same. I’m planning on doing the same to another e350 we have. It just makes maintenance a lot easier.

Every time I've had to dig out the front of my engine I've considered removing/eliminating the stater. The only thing I've thought would need to be modified is the fan clutch wiring and plug as it's secured to the stater and needs to be secure enough not to get sucked into the fan. Eliminating the stater to me would save an immense amount of work during a field repair.

Glad you mentioned it works as I may be doing this myself.

- Eric

ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:26 PM   #12

To secure the wire thats go’s over the top of the stator I used a metal strap from Home Depot and bent it to match the angle of the shroud. My wife’s been driving the van for about 12 months as a daily driver with no issues. I’m planning on doing the same to our other e350.

The stator is a big pain to work around.
WillV is offline   Reply With Quote