Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2020, 11:30 AM   #1

Any 6.0PSD owners know what this is?

I've been roaming around my engine bay the last couple weeks just giving everything a once over and some TLC. I've seen this grey "thing" before and never gave it much attention. It's located on the driver's side near the coolant bottle and above the brake fluid reservoir. Anyone here know what is supposed to be hooked into it? Looks like it would terminate a hose or something. I don't see anything in the vicinity that looks like it belongs in it.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20201108_195952429.jpg   PXL_20201108_195945496.jpg  

- 2005 EB50 6.0PSD - SMB 4x4
pjpvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 12:07 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpvi View Post
I've been roaming around my engine bay the last couple weeks just giving everything a once over and some TLC. I've seen this grey "thing" before and never gave it much attention. It's located on the driver's side near the coolant bottle and above the brake fluid reservoir. Anyone here know what is supposed to be hooked into it? Looks like it would terminate a hose or something. I don't see anything in the vicinity that looks like it belongs in it.

Thanks in advance!
That is a Duma-flaji-thingamajig. The confusionater hooks to it. If it works DO NOT fix it
Beasty Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 12:41 PM   #3

Quote:
If it works DO NOT fix it
Agreed, haven't needed it for 14 years so probably not critical. Just curious is all!

Old 11-19-2020, 12:57 PM   #4

Greetings pjpvi, on my van which is also a 2005 that is where the factory Ford upfitter plug comes out of the chassis harness. The "plug" in your photo looks like the pig tail that is plugged into mine. Have you opened up the plastic raceway with the chassis loom in it to see if there is a mating plug for the one in your picture, or maybe 4 terminated wires that had a plug on it?
Here is what mine looks like.

- Eric

ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 01:04 PM   #5

Upon looking closer at your photos I believe I can see the four up fitter wires under the loom. I'm going to guess that what your looking at is a "dummy" plug from ford to hold the upfitter plug if it was not used. Mine was probably like yours until SMB removed it, inserted a new plug with pig tails and utilized it for, stuff.

- Eric
ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 01:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuttlePilot View Post
Upon looking closer at your photos I believe I can see the four up fitter wires under the loom. I'm going to guess that what your looking at is a "dummy" plug from ford to hold the upfitter plug if it was not used. Mine was probably like yours until SMB removed it, inserted a new plug with pig tails and utilized it for, stuff.

- Eric
Thanks Eric! I'll look and see if the wires are sitting in the plastic raceway. If so, may have been a cleaner way to get connectivity from the dash to engine bay over the years.