Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2019, 11:25 AM   #1

Automotive Repair Database

I've learned so much from this community that I would like to share a resource that has become available to me.

I have been given indefinite access to a database that has automotive repair information, vehicle maintenance, diagnostic data.

If you have requests for any literature, manuals, diagnostics codes, diagrams I can likely get them for you.

Rules:
1. Do not ask for the log in information, you aren't going to get it.

2. Please be specific and give as much detail to what you asking as much as possible, it utilizes key word searches. Part numbers or diagnostic codes are super helpful. The more generic your request is, the more generic the information you will get.

3. This is only for stock/OEM vehicles, if you have a conversion, its not going to know what components were used in a Quigley or Advanced unless you know it was a F350 Part, etc.

4. Please keep your requests reasonable. Don't ask me to download an entire service manual.

5. Please be patient with your request, I am not gaining anything from this other than helping out the community and will only be doing this on my free time.

6. The documents that I download will show the database I have access to. Please do not mention it anywhere on the forum. I was told access to this database costs several hundred dollars a month and I don't want to get anyone in trouble.

Please state the following in your request:

Vehicle Make/Model: Year/Model/Engine Or VIN
Request/Issue: How to replace steering box or I have this code showing up.

Hopefully I haven't opened Pandora's box here, well see how this goes.

Old 12-20-2019, 11:26 AM   #2

Additional Info

Reserved for Additional info
Old 12-20-2019, 11:30 AM   #3

Example of information

Yesterday I posted that my van wouldn't start. Someone suggested that I looked at the starter solenoid and so I plugged that information in. As you can see in the attachment I selected that the engine was not starting and it gave me a list of components that could be causing the issue. You can see that the Starter Solenoid was listed as the 7th most common component that was replaced to rectify the issue.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2004 E350 5.4 Engine No Start.pdf (109.2 KB, 40 views)
Old 12-20-2019, 11:34 AM   #4

Example of Information

Vehicle Info: 2004 E350 Super Duty, 5.4.
Request: I want to replacement my steering box

As you can see, these instructions are 70 pages long and include diagrams. This is what I mean by keeping it reasonable. If you go through these instructions you will notice that it will say something like REFER TO XXXX XXX XXX. This is an attachment or separate file that won't be included in this document. I will need to select it individually and download and post it. If you need that, let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2004 E350 5.4 Re&Re Steering Box.pdf (1.43 MB, 15 views)
Old 12-20-2019, 12:54 PM   #5

Ok, let me see if this applies...

I'm trying to get some information on how my dashboard comes apart. Two different Ford dealerships gave me two different answers as to whether or not a specific section is a separate piece, or if it is part of another piece. I asked if they could provide me with an exploded view or diagram showing how it comes apart, but both said they could not. I've just started searching the internet, but so far have found everything but what I'm looking for.

I have a 2011 Ford E350 EB, V10. Don't know if it makes a difference or not, but it's not the typical passenger van type. It's more of the work/cargo van type with the sliding side door.
Old 12-20-2019, 12:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
Ok, let me see if this applies...

I'm trying to get some information on how my dashboard comes apart. Two different Ford dealerships gave me two different answers as to whether or not a specific section is a separate piece, or if it is part of another piece. I asked if they could provide me with an exploded view or diagram showing how it comes apart, but both said they could not. I've just started searching the internet, but so far have found everything but what I'm looking for.

I have a 2011 Ford E350 EB, V10. Don't know if it makes a difference or not, but it's not the typical passenger van type. It's more of the work/cargo van type with the sliding side door.
Let me know if this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2011 Ford E350 EB, V10 - Dashboard.pdf (709.1 KB, 39 views)
Old 12-20-2019, 01:03 PM   #7

Here is how to take apart the whole thing, or most of it. I had to split it in two files as it was too big.
Old 12-20-2019, 01:40 PM   #8

THANKS!!! This is exactly what I needed. I thought I'd be sitting at my computer all day trying to find something like this.

Would also like your opinion... My question to Ford was whether or not the part highlighted in orange was separate from the part highlighted in yellow. One said they were separate, one said they were the same piece.

If I'm looking at this right, they are the same piece. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
Dashboard 1.jpg   Dashboard 2.jpg  
Old 12-20-2019, 01:54 PM   #9

If I am reading the diagram correctly, I think its one piece. Part #14, I would assume that if it is a separate component, it would be listed with a different number.

When I search 04320 Instrument panel it shows as one unit (Geeze that is expensive)

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts...04320-aac.html

If you want to be sure, I'd go find one at a junk yard and start ripping it apart. Its cheaper to practice that way.
Old 12-20-2019, 02:42 PM   #10

Sitting in the cab looking at it, it looks like they are separate, but I agree Part #14 looks to be all one piece. I'm REALLY glad I didn't start prying on something that doesn't come apart.

The junkyard idea is a good one... THX