Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2018, 07:22 PM   #11

JoeH I don’t have any temps right now.

Yes I misspoke about the detune part. It is stock HP for the original design of the motor. I am planning on getting up to the 350 tang when all is said and done with my build.

Thank you for the heads up on the trans cooler I did not know that was an issue.

I was looking at poking holes in the hood so it looks like that is a go now. I have also been looking for a shop here in SD to do ceramic coating.

I figured that the oil cooler was the last part of the “problem”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bartfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:44 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartfriend View Post
JoeH I don’t have any temps right now.

Yes I misspoke about the detune part. It is stock HP for the original design of the motor. I am planning on getting up to the 350 tang when all is said and done with my build.

Thank you for the heads up on the trans cooler I did not know that was an issue.

I was looking at poking holes in the hood so it looks like that is a go now. I have also been looking for a shop here in SD to do ceramic coating.

I figured that the oil cooler was the last part of the “problem”

oh wow, you really are rebuilding the engine

Are you doing ARP headstuds? Same heads? If your going to run a PCM tune it's a good idea. I'm probably making close to 400 HP with combined FICM and PCM tunes.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:48 PM   #13

If your going to 4x4 and while you have the body off might as well go ahead, shorthen your fuel tank or buy a tranfer flow tank and install. Will take much less time and easier to do now. Chris offers a fuel tank kit to shorten the tank.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:26 PM   #14

Yes head studs, heads are at the machine shop now debating on o-ringing the heads, BPD EGR cooler, probably a KC Turbo stage 1, reman factory injectors, ceramic coat from exhaust to down pipe. Possibly fuel return regulator. Performance brand all aluminum radiator, new vac pump, a bunch of new sensors and EGR valve, new/rebuilt FICM don’t known if I will go BPD or ficmrepair.com (I think that is the guy) regrind the cam performed by local cam shop, Inspect bearings and fix a bed plate leak. Might do BPD water pump.

Time and Money is all I need

Old 03-13-2018, 11:37 PM   #15

Bell, yes addressing the tank is on my list before I put the body back down. I have a buddy that is a fabricator in the craft brew industry who has been looking for a project.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:08 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartfriend View Post
Yes head studs, heads are at the machine shop now debating on o-ringing the heads, BPD EGR cooler, probably a KC Turbo stage 1, reman factory injectors, ceramic coat from exhaust to down pipe. Possibly fuel return regulator. Performance brand all aluminum radiator, new vac pump, a bunch of new sensors and EGR valve, new/rebuilt FICM don’t known if I will go BPD or ficmrepair.com (I think that is the guy) regrind the cam performed by local cam shop, Inspect bearings and fix a bed plate leak. Might do BPD water pump.

Time and Money is all I need

How much labor does o-ringing the heads add? ~$500? It's supposed to add some clamping force to the head gaskets and is recommended for those trying to make HP. Seems a small price to pay for piece of mind. I have the KC Turbo stage 1.5. It rocks once you get in the power band. I also have the BPD water pump which is a thing of beauty but it's buried. Dieselsite also makes one much cheaper with a metal impeller blade. Good luck with the build!
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote