I have a Salem Kroger 4x4 van Ive been through the ringer (mostly under warranty), but now I have 60,000 on the van and I really want to keep it. If you have to ask all the issues I have had, then just google 6.0 issues or try this link which covers the basics:http://performancewise.net/ford/ford...roke-problems/
, thank you JoeH!
MY GOAL: I want to take it wherever the heck it will go, tow moderate loads, increase fuel economy and performance (could not believe what dogs these things were the first time I got behind the wheel) and most of all dependability. I have a family and if we were to be stranded in Baja, then it was never worth buying the van in the first place. I tried to address all known issues with the 6 liter. I do carry some basic spare parts as well.
Some of this work has been completed previously, some of it being finished now:
1. Bulletproof Diesel head gasket kit with ARP studs
2. Bulletproof Diesel oil cooler and egr cooler
3. Bulletproof Diesel FICM, Update: 48V 4 phase
4. Bulletproof Diesel all aluminum radiator Update: https://shop.performanceradiator.com/in ... ct_id=5296
5. Bulletproof Diesel billet water pump
6. Bat Mo Wheel Turbo compressor wheel, updated oil downtube
7. MBRP Turbo back 4 inch exhaust
8. Tru-Cool Max 40K tranny cooler
9. Updated Ford fuel regulator kit with blue spring
10. 200 amp alternator
11. Edge insight monitor with EGT probe
12. SCT flash programmer, custom tunes
13. Update: Using old tranny cooler for power steering cooler
My next upgrade will be Deaver leaf springs in the rear to try and improve the ride. She rides a bit like a bull. I do not want to have them made remotely and shipped so I have to plan a trip.
This work will be completed this weekend, if any of you are curious about the performance over my previous stock setup I'll keep you posted. I will be able to monitor my temps, including EGTs now on the street, off-road and towing. Looking forward to driving her for a long time coming! Ohhh the things we do!
LETS FACE IT, WE WERE ALL SOLD THAT THESE WERE DO ANYTHING GO ANYWHERE VEHICLES AND AS FOR THE 6.0, THAT IS NOT THE CASE UNLESS AT THE VERY LEAST YOU ADDRESS THE POOR DESIGN OF THE OIL COOLER AND EGR COOLER.