On the Barrancas del Cobre aka Copper Canyon trip earlier this year I had an issue where the top radiator hose got to close the fan. The blades cut a notch in the hose and it started leaking.
I built a plug out of layers of rescue tape and wrapped the area with more rescue tape.
The fix held till I got home and replaced the hose with a new one.
A couple of weeks ago I pulled in the driveway after getting gas and smelled coolant. I looked under the van and it was raining coolant. Put a couple of buckets under the van to collect it. After it stopped leaking I drained the rest. Got everything dried off and found that one of the hoses to the oil cooler had come in contact with the pulley on the bottom right of the engine.
My 2002 service manual showed a part number for the oil cooler hoses. Unfortunately no one had them. The only way to get them was to purchase a complete new hose setup, under a different part number, from the dealer, $105.00. This is a photo of the old hose assembly. The new one looks the same only cleaner.
Here is what I think happened. The hose that goes to the coolant reservoir has a plastic clip that is suppose to hold it in place in the fan shroud. At some time in the past that clip pulled out allowing the entire hose assembly to drop pushing the oiler cooler hose into the pulley. With the clip in place the hose are close but not touching the pulley.
Am going to add some tie wraps to the help support the weight of the hoses incase the clip pops out again. The good news is that I now have all new cooling hoses in the van.