Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2019, 04:18 PM   #21

Do you feel vibration when driving at freeway speeds? And if you do, is the vibration strongest where the transfer case is?

wl1193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:26 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
I asked before if the cross member is flexing. I couldn't tell from the video. If it is, get rid of it. It is not up to the task and looking at the design, I can tell it has some weak spots. You may even have a crack somewhere that you're not seeing.

I've modified V10/Diesel factory cross members (for use in V8 rigs) and had no significant flex, nothing more than a stock Fseries.

It isn't a problem to have the cross member where it is if the cross member is built to handle it. You can also go the route of moving the cross member forward if you want to spend the time and money to do so but I think it is less work to modify one from a V10/Diesel.
Michael I like this idea, and thank you! Chris is also trying to fab a new x-member around the Radius arms. Said he should have it done early next week. Gonna wait and see what he comes up with and hopefully it works. If it doesn't seem sufficient then I'll go in this direction. How much and what needs to be modified on a V10/Diesel x-member for it to work? Do you have any pics of this?
keytothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:32 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wl1193 View Post
Do you feel vibration when driving at freeway speeds? And if you do, is the vibration strongest where the transfer case is?
I did have a vibration before the tail house cracked 55-65mpg range. Seemed it was coming from the passenger front wheel area. Wheel bearings are good had the tires rotated and balanced wed. Still getting the vibration after that and the new tail-house. But very well could be coming from the TC? Not feeling it the steering. But feels like in the passenger floor board and chair to me and my GF.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:35 AM   #24

Possibly bad or loose engine mounts?
2002 E350 ext.; 160K; 7.3L; 4R100 (w/4x4 deep pan & filter); 4x4 conv. w/2007 F250/F350 coil frnt axle (oppos. dual Bilstein press. shocks cured DW) diff chg from 3.55 to 3.73 (bad!); BW1356 t.c. (bad!); LT265/70R17/E Michelin LTX M/S2; Engel MT60 Combi Fridge-Freezer; 4 BP 380J pv panels; Auragen 5kw AC gen. in top alt. position; Webasto Dual-Top; Voyager top. 1995 5.8L EB Bronco, bone stock.
E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:32 AM   #25

Update. So UJ has been seeing the same problems and agreed with my mechanic with x-member location in the coil kit with the 5.4s. Chris had a coil conv. at the shop and mocked up a new one around the radius arm. One is on it's way to the shop in Durango. My mechanics also believe the vibration is been caused to some damage to the DS and had it removed and sent out for repairs. Hopefully this is the end of this issue. Also Chris with all the problems with van I have had and has to dread getting my emails but he's been great about making things right and helping out. But my mechanic has found another problem and this one has me really scratching my head and I'm convinced the van or I is cursed. New thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_2019-06-03-10-25-49.jpg