Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2018, 05:39 AM   #11
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Glad this is all sorted out Shenrie--hate seeing any man OR woman stranded and needing help.

While I'm not an SMB-type owner if anyone collected here is in or near Columbus, Ohio and needs almost anything I'm happy to help as best I can. I have a selection of tools, know quite a few talented and willing-to-work mechanics which could prove beneficial in times of dire need.

Should such a need arise contacting me through a PM is good. I've spoken via phone to AnnieO, 1der and Wanderer-RCOC and if they've kept my phone info they're more than welcome to share it.

Anyway let me know if I can help if you're anywhere in Ohio!

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:16 PM   #12

Garage
^^^ I suggested a thread that had info like that when I first joined this forum, but when I pmed a mod about it, theidea was kinda nay nayed because they figured most people didn't want their personal information anywhere out on the webs. made sense to me so I stopped pressing the issue.

maybe we can start a thread for lifelines in each city and state of reputable shops, pick a part yards, and maybe even places that will work on vans in general? we got folks from damn near everywhere on this forum that im sure wouldn't mind sharing their resources where they've had good luck and been treated fairly.

I know ive had members reach out to me numerous times for mechanics, pick a pull yards, places to camp in the area, places to ski, mt bike trails, etc. if we had one thread somewhere where we could post that info for members in need as a quick resource im sure we could all benefit from it.

maybe a special section of its own (repair shops by state?) and we could have a thread for each state and members in each city can recommend places of interest? hell it could be handy even for those who live in those cities to find out about better places to have their rigs worked on??
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:57 AM   #13
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
^^^That's a good idea the only issue being how to post our personal contact info somewhat securely so its not mined and we're all SPAM'd to death.

In my case a cell phone would be my only point of contact and its off from about 11pm until 5am everyday. I don't "do facebook" or anything else that gives 24 hour access to me so not sure if I'd be that helpful in the middle of the night.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:41 AM   #14

Garage
Honestly, there’s no real secure way. I think people would need to pm you here. That way you could hand out your info if comfortable with the person. A somewhat mini screening process. People would know to pm you if you were the one recommending a shop in that particular area. Main issue with that for me is that we try to be in the mountains on the weekends when people are generally out and about.

Another member had another good idea that was introduced here that a few have commented on.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote