Just saw this pic of a 2011 GM van:
And since I'm not up on the latest Diesel engines here's my understanding:
1. It's concentrated urea* that you buy in a jug a la antifreeze
2. You fill your own at every oil change
3. It's injected downstream in the exhaust to eliminate NOx**
4. If you get low you get a warning (hate your seatbelt chime? that's nothing
5. If you run out you go into limp mode (been there on the 6.0L, no fun...)
That's all I know, and it comes in the form of "NEWS TO ME". Here's my main source:
http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/gener ... -uses.html
So, surprised it hasn't come up more in discussion yet. My questions:
* what's that do to paint?
** this is basically anit-smog right?
And last but not least, Sprinter is offering an underhood smaller tank, which is where I heard about it in the first place:
For someone with their head in the sand... wow! um, just wow.