Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2020, 04:13 PM   #11

Careful bringing that up. Belize will want to know what is the optimal air pressure psi to run on board air at.

simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 05:30 AM   #12
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesez View Post
Careful bringing that up. Belize will want to know what is the optimal air pressure psi to run on board air at.
Well as I say if anything is worth doing its worth over doing too. Gotta appreciate a guy who'll go the extra mile or 10 to do things the right way. (FWIW I'm kinda sorta the same way so can identify......... )

Another FWIW Donaldson is the filter choice of a lot of truckers who see some pretty nasty and severe duty for their drive trains.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:03 AM   #13

As somebody who runs an oiled filter (AFE), my recommendation is DO NOT run an oiled filter

-Oiled filters just don't filter as well. I have the oil analysis to prove it. However, in a naturally aspirated motor that's maxed out on air-cleaner size, it makes enough improvement for me to run it anyways, and there's just not much to damage in a V10. A turbo motor, especially one that's already been detuned for reliability, just won't see any actual performance gains. If it were modified, it could run into breathing issues, but certainly not stock.

-Turbos will get damaged by silica getting through an oiled filter (or a cheap aftermarket one with a flat gasket instead of a foam gasket). The turbo spins so fast, it basically sandblasts instelf and eventually erodes the vanes.
Attached Thumbnails
Turbo Vanes - What To Look For.jpg  
Old 02-08-2020, 07:38 AM   #14

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesez View Post
Don’t worry about me Simplesez, I want to know everything I can until I know I don’t have to ask any more from experience.
Belize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:42 AM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belize View Post
Don’t worry about me Simplesez, I want to know everything I can until I know I don’t have to ask any more from experience.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
Old 02-08-2020, 12:00 PM   #16

[emoji14][emoji869] street smart experience beats book smart in my book
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote