Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2020, 08:29 PM   #101

Not what I asked, but thanks.

No plans to run Alcoas and steelies (apparently) had Slightly different structural dimensions from gen 3 to 4

1DogRescuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 04:43 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1DogRescuer View Post
Not what I asked, but thanks.

No plans to run Alcoas and steelies (apparently) had Slightly different structural dimensions from gen 3 to 4

My point was maybe you could look up the specs of the OEM wheels online.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 09:10 AM   #103

Thanks. NET Inside Diameter is not a spec that is part of standard spec nomenclature.
1DogRescuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:21 AM   #104
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1DogRescuer View Post
Thanks. NET Inside Diameter is not a spec that is part of standard spec nomenclature.
Absolutely correct so why you're seeking non-standard dimensions eludes me---he who initiated and has performed this upgrade/modification.

The 16" steel wheels that were OEM to the E-Series fit, most likely the Alcoa's as well IF they were spec'd for the 2008 and later year E-Series up through the E350 chassis; E450 wheels might fit but I can't be sure.

What year and type is this drop off donor you're working with? As for this "generation" craziness better to stick with specific years and chassis GVW.

For me since you're deviating from what I've already posted I'll have to leave you to your own discoveries or trial & error work---I won't comment or speculate on something I've not done myself.

Best of luck with this!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:57 PM   #105

2007 brakes

Hey guys new here. I've been looking around trying to find a upgrade thread on brakes for my van. Its has Dynatrack axles front and rear from SMB. Will the 2008 upgrade work for this configuration? Thanks!
ejnave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:02 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejnave View Post
Hey guys new here. I've been looking around trying to find a upgrade thread on brakes for my van. Its has Dynatrack axles front and rear from SMB. Will the 2008 upgrade work for this configuration? Thanks!

It should work. Have a look at post #6 for part#'s. And also this thread: https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...rade-5933.html

Welcome to the forum!
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:33 PM   #107

2007 brakes

Thanks for the reply! My van is a 2007 On 35’s will the 2008 upgrade be adequate? Seem a lot cheaper than the dynatrack. I’m all for spending money for a superior product, but if the 08 Upgrade isn’t that far off I’d rather go that route. Thanks!
Old 06-03-2020, 10:37 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejnave View Post
Thanks for the reply! My van is a 2007 On 35’s will the 2008 upgrade be adequate? Seem a lot cheaper than the dynatrack. I’m all for spending money for a superior product, but if the 08 Upgrade isn’t that far off I’d rather go that route. Thanks!

I've got all the parts but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

My rationale was bigger discs with OEM calipers is a bigger bang for the buck than other, more expensive upgrades. Your also going to need 17 or 18" wheels if you don't have them.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 10:54 AM   #109

Already has 18’s. Is there an upgrade for rear brakes as well?
Old 06-04-2020, 05:55 PM   #110

Been quite awhile since I've been on here, but this thread has reminded me how useful this forum is! Have a stuck front left caliper on my 03 2WD E250 SMB and the shop is quoting an arm and a leg to fix. They want to replace both front calipers, new rotors/pads up front, new ball joint on one side, and new pads/turned rotors on rear. With flush, alignment and tax they're quoting $1,700. I priced out on Rock Auto and parts come in just shy of $500, so definitely a steep fee.

Which is why I'm here trying to figure out my options for the brake upgrade. I've got stock 16 OEM steelies, and everything else on the suspension is stock as well (except for 245 BFGS). Unfortunately I'm not mechanically inclined enough to take this job on myself, so I'll either be paying a willing shop or someone local.

@JWA - that parts list was super helpful, and I think I can locate just about everything you've mentioned there. The obvious challenge is the hub/rotor takeoff - do you have any recommendations on where to source those? I'm located in SoCal - I've tried Agile and WeldTec and neither seem to have the hub/rotor assembly.

It also feels like an obvious move to upgrade shocks all around, and do the ball joint on the other side (again, if I can find someone willing to do this work). Any other input or advice?
Roccon99 is offline   Reply With Quote