Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2015, 11:33 AM   #11

Re: Extended Warranty Question "United Car Care"

I'm on my third Sportsmobile. I thought on my first one that the extended warranty from an aftermarket vendor was a great idea. Then after my Ford warranty was out I had a few minor issues, alternator then radiator and finally an air conditioner compressor. On EVERYTHING they always had a loophole to get them out of paying. I argued each time how unfair this was but to no avail . In my opinion they are worthless. Always subject to what YOU did wrong not to warrant the payment. I would nit walk away from the deal I would RUN!!!

Old 03-01-2024, 09:17 AM   #12

Angry Do not use united car care

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. when we bought our 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan less than a year ago, the dealer talked us into buying a platinum plan from United Car Care. we were hesitant but finally gave in and spent the $3,000.00 to get the plan. I was in Florida and my oil change time came up so I took it to a local shop. They changed the oil and told me that my cv axle needed replaced. I knew that it would be covered but did not want to get t done in Florida. On my way home I noticed my check Engine light came on and a distinct ticking was coming from the motor so I came home to KY and took the car to my local Dodge Dealer. My dealer told me that the cv axle needed replaced and the boot was wearing on the brake line. They called United and they were told that the cv axle was not covered and they would only pay a percentage of what it cost to open the engine up to diagnose what is wrong. We were sure there was a miscommunication, so we called United ourselves. The man who we talked to was absolutely condescending. He said we should of replaced the boot so it did not wear on brake line and the policy says they don't cover anything that is from a lack of maintenance. He said that they would pay a reasonable amount towards opening up the top of the motor. NEVER AGAIN will we trust a warranty company. I would give UNITED CAR CARE a minus 10 if I could.
alweierman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 01:01 PM   #13

These "warranty" companies are a sham ! I'd recommend staying away from them - as I've had a similar experience. I'm not sure if any government agency monitors or controls them at all !? If you want to "push it" go to your states attorney general's office and start that ball rolling !?
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote